This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Vauxhall Review

Having never been a fan of Vauxhalls before the VXR i've never really read this magazine! But someone handed me a copy of it knowing I had a corsa on order.

Firstly the corsa is on the front cover, but only with 17s on it! The launch was at Goodwood and the review seems to be a bit mixed.

One thing that they did find tho, was the brakes, there's a shot of the front wheels at one point with the brakes smoking away. According to the guy driving it he wasnt going all that hard round the track, and other press there said they had some serious fade to the brakes. Looks like that AP brake upgrade may be needed straight away!

And also in the mag there's a bit in the VVOC RR day at Dastek with a few wee cheeky shots of a feature car in the next few issues. A nova running some serious power. Seen it up Knockhill a few times and its a mighty impressive.

If you want to improve brakes but don't have the funds for AP's look at getting brake coolers - make a big difference to cooling and therefore brake fade - plus you could also get some uprated pads.

Comment

New Pads and Uprated Discs.

Comment

I'd prefer to be goin for the AP brakes. Aesthetically more pleasing!

Comment

Anybody got an idea on costs of the AP upgrade?
          Auto Inparts.com
          exclusive automotive products
          www.autoinparts.com
          www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
          ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

approx £1600 fully fitted

Comment

Crikey...
              Auto Inparts.com
              exclusive automotive products
              www.autoinparts.com
              www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
              ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

well worth it though especially if your considering to track it, i have the same on my astra and is a huge imrovement over standard, another option is braided hoses and higher spec brake fluid conbined with an uprated pad

Comment

I'm going with the idea of putting my brothers Astra VXR brakes on the Corsa when my brother eventually upgrades to the APs. Should be a damn site cheaper.
                  sigpic
                  Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
                  TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                    approx £1600 fully fitted
                    Oh, and your car is leading the pack of VXRs on the back page of this months mag too Aussie!

Comment

1600 is pretty decent price fitted...Will see what they are really like in hard drive then upgrade right away if that bad :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X