Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions.

Afternoon everyone,

I’ve recently purchased a 2010 (60) Corsa VXR which is in dire need of some TLC. Luckily it seems to have a good engine and has a pretty much full Vauxhall service history so all is well. Body wise it’s got a few battle scars but I’m planning on sorting all of these bits and pieces as time goes on.

Onto the questions I’ve got:

1. Cambelt interval, 10 years/60k is that correct or completely wrong?

2. Front brake pads rattling (able to be moved with fingers) is there a common issue or a cure for these?

3. I’ve got very early signs of a slipping clutch in high gears, what’s a normal expected cost to have this changed? I’m handy with spammers but a clutch is out of my league. Experience says change the slave cylinder at the same time?

4. Drivers door - Doesn’t lock, I’ve swapped the entire door over and it still didn’t lock, any common faults to look for?

Short of those it’s a good little car, drives well (excluding the clutch).

On that age i'd do the cambelt now as its cheap for the kit and gives piece of mind...VX's recommended interval is always a bit optimistic...

Not heard of brake pads rattling before - sounds like either they are worn right down or the pistons/sliders are partially seized causing play.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by Liam2594 View Post
      Afternoon everyone,

I’ve recently purchased a 2010 (60) Corsa VXR which is in dire need of some TLC. Luckily it seems to have a good engine and has a pretty much full Vauxhall service history so all is well. Body wise it’s got a few battle scars but I’m planning on sorting all of these bits and pieces as time goes on.

Onto the questions I’ve got:

1. Cambelt interval, 10 years/60k is that correct or completely wrong?

2. Front brake pads rattling (able to be moved with fingers) is there a common issue or a cure for these?

3. I’ve got very early signs of a slipping clutch in high gears, what’s a normal expected cost to have this changed? I’m handy with spammers but a clutch is out of my league. Experience says change the slave cylinder at the same time?

4. Drivers door - Doesn’t lock, I’ve swapped the entire door over and it still didn’t lock, any common faults to look for?

Short of those it’s a good little car, drives well (excluding the clutch).
      Hi mate, youve got a fair bit to do haven't you! 😂 i thought cambelt was 6 years could be wrong though. As for the brakes, is there a metal clip visivis on the caliper? If thats missing could cause a rattle.

Comment

Working...
      X