Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth it?

Hi!
    sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need advice! I was torn between a Corsa and astra VXR but the astra is modded to hell so that rules it out.
    can anyone give me their opinion on this Corsa VXR please, any help would be appreciated

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...esearchad=Used

3000 probably average price for one 104000 miles. I've seen some cheaper and dearer.

Hard to know if the car itself is fine without checking it over and driving it. The exterior looks standard apart from the headlights.. They are after market.

No engine bay pictures so hard to see if anything else is modified.

Just check for the usual... Gearbox noise, lumpy idle etc etc
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...rsa-d-vxracing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Yeah headlights are aftermarket and also, that i can see - its been lowered, has vents added to the bonnet, is debadged, is missing one of the wind deflectors, recaro inserts have been painted.

Its an old car though so got to expect some minor issues/tweaks by the previous owner TBH.

It certainly doesn't look like a shed but as said you'd need to go check it over, drive it to know if its "worth it" and be sure.

There is a website you can check its MOT history BTW - https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

FYI for the last 2 years its had an advisory on an "oil leak".

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Also, they actually have it on ebay with no reserve atm mate!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-VAUX...QAAOSweF1duEm2

Currently at 1340 with 3 days left.

There are some better pictures on there...the missing wind deflector and aerial appears to be included on the back seat which is good. Wheels have been DIY sprayed black with budget tyres fitted though.
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

So I took the whim a d bought it but it has a number of issues. Got it for a little less than the asking price. The following issues:

Mouldy rear seat
          A few bodywork issues (hardly noticeable)
          1-3 of Aircon don't work
          AFL fault light appears.
          The horn doesn't work
          And I've just realised the plates are illigal 😂

Didn't realise the horn till I was half way up the M4 on the way home. Now I'm worried that I'm going to find a load wrong with it!
          Last edited by Stevetaz; 13 December 2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Ah that's unfortunate mate and maybe where you bought it from can pay for some of the problems?

Always hit and miss with older cars.

How does it drive?

I know the fix for the fan not working 1-3 is just a resistor. It's a common problem and I've fixed mine. 2 minutes job and resistor only around a tenner.

Them lights ain't afl lights either mate, which code/icon are you seeing?

Adaptive Forward Lighting is fully automatic and you cannot adjust beam level. Afl lights come from factory with gyroscope to automatic adjust beam level and sensor in steering wheel which move beam to side depend on speed.

So if you don't have those electronics afl won't work mate but them lights ain't afl anyway

I'm guessing you mean the font of the plate illegal mate
            Last edited by Arron D; 13 December 2019, 04:57 PM.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Sorry mate you're right! I know nothing about cars 😂

I phoned the place I bought it from and they refuse to touch it unless I use the warranty. I specifically got the warranty out for when the engine or gear box decides to pack in.

I thought the lights were faulty due to AFL however now I think I'm just an idiot and they're just out of alignment.

The horn is obviously the issue but should be easy to fix.

Overall, the car is sweet to drive. I don't like it being lowered though. My **** can't take it 😂

Comment

😂 Yeah lowered can be like that and definitely some pot holes speed bumps hurt lol.

Id check the fuse for horn mate, then if that seems fine check the actual horn and wiring connected to it etc

At least its good to drive.. Once the little things have been ironed out then should be all good mate

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

I have no idea where the fuse is 😂😂😂 I'm a weaons Engineer and know **** all about cars. It's actually embarrassing lol.
                  apart from a leak in the boot,mon the back seat and the damaged bodywork it's good to go mate. Not bad money to be fair. But need to try and sort this light and horn issue out!
                  Pitty no one near me has a clue haha

Comment

The horn is under the washer bottle on the passengers side of the engine bay - might also be worth checking the connectors there to see if they're corroded. You'll need to jack the car up and go in from underneath or take the bumper off though.

Out of interest do the steering wheel controls work ok?

If they don't then i'm sure there was a CIM issue with the early D, and this could also cause the horn issue too.

Comment

Yes mate. The steering wheel controls work perfectly fine. I've checked the fuse and it looks fine. Hopefully it's an easy fix

Comment

Figured the horn out. The ****** before me didn't plug them back in 😂😂
                        the lights issue we think is the fact the guy who had it before out HID's in the lights and therefore the system thinks theres an error. But for now we're good to go

Comment

Result!

Comment

Not really 😂 squared the lights off but the AFL light is still on. We plugged a diagnostic machine in and it was t telling us anything was wrong with the lights

Comment

I've never seen an afl warning light, didn't know it existed lol but mine are standard lights so not so sure on that.

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Working...
                              X