Mtec braided hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtec braided hoses

What are everyones thoughts on the a16ler brakes? I personally think they stop well but i dont like the feel of the pedal, to me it feels quite soft so im thinking of going with the above braided hoses. Has anyone used them and noticed a difference?

I fitted braided lines to my old SRI and can't say i noticed much difference in pedal feel TBH.

I think you'll generally only a notice a difference if your hoses are old and and past it (therefore starting to swell under pressure) but otherwise its more for bling factor/having stainless fittings that won't rust.

You pedal definitely shouldn't be soft with the standard stuff though...it should be rock hard. Depending how old the car is you might benefit more from flushing the fluid out and putting new stuff in and also bleeding with a pressure/vacuum bleeder IMO.

Other point to note: check with Mtec how many hoses you get in the kit. There are 6 flexible hoses to replace on the Corsa but i seem to remember some of the kits only include 4 (missing out the 2 that go over the rear axle).

I think i used "wezmoto" lines, which are a reseller of Hel brakes and they definately do the 6 line kit -> https://www.helperformance.com/
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      I fitted braided lines to my old SRI and can't say i noticed much difference in pedal feel TBH.

I think you'll generally only a notice a difference if your hoses are old and and past it (therefore starting to swell under pressure) but otherwise its more for bling factor/having stainless fittings that won't rust.

You pedal definitely shouldn't be soft with the standard stuff though...it should be rock hard. Depending how old the car is you might benefit more from flushing the fluid out and putting new stuff in and also bleeding with a pressure/vacuum bleeder IMO.

Other point to note: check with Mtec how many hoses you get in the kit. There are 6 flexible hoses to replace on the Corsa but i seem to remember some of the kits only include 4 (missing out the 2 that go over the rear axle).

I think i used "wezmoto" lines, which are a reseller of Hel brakes and they definately do the 6 line kit -> https://www.helperformance.com/
      Ahh cheers mate, my pads are fairly new and bled brakes about 2 months ago, its not that my brakes are spongy infact they stop really well, i just think the pedal is very soft to push down and i dont like it, might be because my other ride is my mrs' brand new polo so and the pedal seems a lot firmer in that.

Comment

Working...
      X