Petrol/oil waste on ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol/oil waste on ground

Hi, over the past few weeks I’ve noticed when sometimes I leave my car parked nip into a shop and come out there is like the rainbow looking spill on floor, like chemical or petrol or whatever it is. But don’t notice it all of the time. For example maybe every week I will notice it on the ground. Usually at the front end of my car, anyone had any issues like this? TIA

I'm guessing its probably coolant and your radiator has a leak (common problem).
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      I'm guessing its probably coolant and your radiator has a leak (common problem).
      This a expensive fix? Do have an aftermarket warranty but not sure if would cover.

Comment

I DIY'ed the leak on my SRI...think the new radiator was around £80 from Eurocarparts then just coolant (~£20) on top.

Its not massive job TBF once the bumper is off...an hour or two max for a pro so I would expect a garage to be around £200-250 all in depending what their rates are.

Its a common problem for Corsas...the radiator end tanks are plastic and they start to leak where they clamp onto the alloy but best to get it sorted sooner rather than later as if it gets bad enough to loose all coolant thats your engine gone!

I'd expect your warranty should cover it as thats not a wear and tear item in anyone's book unless they are bullshitting.

Next time you see the fluid, stick your finger in it and smell it...it should be a sweet kind of smell if its coolant and also vauguely red in colour.

Do not lick it or anything as its glycol and toxic though!!!
        Last edited by u33db; 18 January 2020, 07:22 PM.
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Working...
        X