Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of upgrades

My first post here,
    Iv had a Corsa D vxr 2014 (aden Blue) for about a year now and would like to start adding a few bits to it
    When i bought the car it was standard apart from a few interior changes.
    I bought a scorpion Cat back and a pipercross filter.
    Im not so sure on the noise the scorpion gives out. so first question is, should i swap it for a remus/piper or try a downpipe/pre cat first to see what that sounds like?
    I would like to get a few modifications on the car for fast show at the end of march but unsure what order to do things in so i would just like peoples opinions please

new exhaust?
    downpipe?
    front splitter?
    lowering springs?
    upgrade to 18'' alloys?
    new radio unit?
    Other

Thank you and appreciate any input.
    Pictures would also be appreciated to get some ideas (not copy)

You need to have a think about how much money you want to spend and how far you want to take the car.

On the Corsa the usual stages are;

- Stage 1 - Remap and injectors
    - Stage 2 - Remap, injectors and turbo back exhaust
    - Stage 3 - Remap, injectors, turbo back exhaust and intercooler

The power you get at each stage only happens if you have all the parts so if you don't want to spend all the money theres no point just buying random bits here and there, as you won't see much benefit from fitting only some of the kit.

Personally speaking i think the "sweet spot" would be getting a stage 1 remap, injectors and lowering it.

Beyond that it gets too expensive, too much hassle vs just trading up to a better car, which chances are if you are fairly young you will do in few years anyway.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      You need to have a think about how much money you want to spend and how far you want to take the car.

On the Corsa the usual stages are;

- Stage 1 - Remap and injectors
      - Stage 2 - Remap, injectors and turbo back exhaust
      - Stage 3 - Remap, injectors, turbo back exhaust and intercooler

The power you get at each stage only happens if you have all the parts so if you don't want to spend all the money theres no point just buying random bits here and there, as you won't see much benefit from fitting only some of the kit.

Personally speaking i think the "sweet spot" would be getting a stage 1 remap, injectors and lowering it.

Beyond that it gets too expensive, too much hassle vs just trading up to a better car, which chances are if you are fairly young you will do in few years anyway.
      Thanks for the reply.
      Im not that young any more unfortunately, just turned 31 haha
      Ill be keeping it another few years so i will do intercooler etc. Just wondered what people start off with. cosmetic or performance

Comment

Working...
      X