Corsa d vxr clutch kit LUK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa d vxr clutch kit LUK

Hi, I'm new here and would like Abit of advise.
    ive just purchased a corsa d vxr and the clutch is naff it slips constantly.
    I've purchased a 3 part LUK clutch kit from parts4less (eurocarparts)
    It's just arrived and the clutch and slave cylinder is stamped with luk branding but the pressure plate is a SACHS plate.
    Is this unusual?
    Will this kit work fine together?
    I'm not changing the flywheel as im having no flywheel issues.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Tony
    https://pasteboard.co/IQQenKb.jpg
    https://pasteboard.co/IQQeMgj.jpg
    Last edited by Daddycool83; 20th January 2020, 01:58 PM.

Sounds about right - that Shaeffler sticker you see is the parent company and they own a whole heap of brands inc LUK and part shares in others including Continental.

LUK won't actually make everything so their "kit" will have parts from other companies in the group.

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      Sounds about right - that Shaeffler sticker you see is the parent company and they own a whole heap of brands inc LUK and part shares in others including Continental.

LUK won't actually make everything so their "kit" will have parts from other companies in the group.
      O brilliant that's a relief thank you.
      ive not opted for a flywheel as I don't think I need 1 I've no vibrating issues so I do hope I can get away without this.

People keep telling me the clutch pedal on a Corsa vxr is Abit stiff compared to others of which mine is stiff and sqeaks I'm hopeing it won't be as stiff when it's changed tho and the sqeaking has gone 😬.

Comment

All the clutch pedals in Corsa Ds and E's squeak, from 1.2 all the way up,.

IIRC its the return spring on the pedal and also possibly the rubber gaiter that rubs against it...if you put it into VX they'd just grease it up but you could do the same with some spray grease and the long nozzle attached to the spray can directed over those areas.

(This is the squeak you get when you press and depress the pedal unless yours is a different one?)

Its not going to break or anything, its just annoying lol

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
          All the clutch pedals in Corsa Ds and E's squeak, from 1.2 all the way up,.

IIRC its the return spring on the pedal and also possibly the rubber gaiter that rubs against it...if you put it into VX they'd just grease it up but you could do the same with some spray grease and the long nozzle attached to the spray can directed over those areas.

(This is the squeak you get when you press and depress the pedal unless yours is a different one?)

Its not going to break or anything, its just annoying lol
          I've had my clutch fitted yesturday, there was clutch wear but the slave cylinder seemed to be knackered which prob caused me some problems.

Clutch feels a tad lighter but still squeak's,
          I'm glad it's not just mine that squeaks then 😂.
          I will have to get some silicone spray and lube it up myself.myself as it gets annoying.

I have a question that's not relevent to this topic...

I've only just purchased my Corsa and I don't no exactly what it's had done completely.

12k ago it had new bottom engine bearings, rods,pistons ect..
          But I really don't no if it's remapped or not.
          It's got a k&N come filter and looks like maybe a aftermarket intercooler.
          Remus exhaust upto cat. And I think front cat is decat unless these cars only have the 1 as there's 1 under the car.
          Also there's a blow off valve chrome looking.
          It doesn't sound very healthy maybe it's cheap or broken?
          Boost it seems to feel like it bogs out (weird noise) at 3k and then it goes.
          sometimes changing 1st 2nd to third ect the revs sometimes over rev or at least it feels like that sometimes.

​​​​​i think it would be ideal if I could find a local vxr owner to have a look around to see if the car is running as it should :/

Comment

Working...
          X