Corsa vxr over revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa vxr over revs

Hi, recently brought a corsa d vxr and it had some harsh over reving to the point it nearly redlines it self when changing gears.
    i just changed the clutch as that was slipping but the car has some strange reving issue.
    Can anyone help to see what this could be?
    Thanks
    ​​​

I've read somewhere that it could be the clutch switch? Could this be the problem is it a known issue?
    ive only just brought the car and I feel like selling it already.

Comment

Sounds likely.

If you have cruise control has that stopped working as well?
      Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

I've had it plugged in to a snapon tool today and it that gave me P2261 turbocharger bypass valve range/performance history.
        could could this be my issue and if so is that the turbo actuator or the recurc valve as I have some chrome aftermarket valve on it I think (I've only just brought the car so I'm not totally sure it's mods)

Comment

Can you get a pic of said valve.

Guess it'll either be an upgraded recirc valve or possibly if its a dump valve then that will cause problems

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

It won't let me upload photos on here, I think it's a upgraded 1 next to the turbo actuator

Comment

You can upload them to https://imgbb.com/ then paste the links you get into the reply box

Comment

https://ibb.co/pn4Mbfb
                https://ibb.co/5Ld6x0V
                https://ibb.co/DWrjbCz

Comment

Yeah that looks like a Forge recirc valve or one of the chinky clones.

Bypass valve = recirc valve.

I'd personally make sure all the faults are cleared then run it for a bit.

Recirc problems wouldn't affect the revs AFAIK so that may be an old code thats stored and not cleared properly and therefore unrelated (forge valves can split their seals but just means the car feel flat/slow).

I think you are probably correct on the clutch switch TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
                    Yeah that looks like a Forge recirc valve or one of the chinky clones.

Bypass valve = recirc valve.

I'd personally make sure all the faults are cleared then run it for a bit.

Recirc problems wouldn't affect the revs AFAIK so that may be an old code thats stored and not cleared properly and therefore unrelated (forge valves can split their seals but just means the car feel flat/slow).

I think you are probably correct on the clutch switch TBH.
                    The boost seems to hold back and makes a turkey noise.
                    its not very smooth at all.

I had it reset and it felt decent for 5 mins and now feels the same and the spanner light is now back on. That light keeps coming on and off and I think maybe when accelerating.

Maybe it has split the seal which is why it's sounding so dodgy?

Comment

Maybe the over reving is it overboosting (sticking) ?

Comment

If its definitely a turkey noise then it will be the recirc valve.

Replace it with standard one as the forge/aftermarket ones are crap!

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
                          If its definitely a turkey noise then it will be the recirc valve.

Replace it with standard one as the forge/aftermarket ones are crap!
                          Aw dam I brought another aftermarket 1 online awaiting for it to come.
                          i kept hearing about the standard 1s not being good so I just brought another aftermarket.
                          I guess all I can do is try it and if it fails I'll buy an original 1.

If this part is failing will it break my turbo?

Comment

I got my new aftermarket valve today, instead of taking the turbo pipe of which looked a bugger to get off I screwed the old valve off and I put the new piston and spring in it and now it's working no more turkey noise.
                            the spring was yellow that I took out I'm guessing that's for remapped cars? I put a similar spring back in but wasn't yellow but said for remapped cars.
                            I've not a clue if my car is remapped 🤷 it's got some mods (air filter,exhaust, intercooler) and engine rebuild 12k ago so I'm guessing it has (only just purchased it).
                            i think it was the piston at fault the seals wasn't great the 1 I took out.

Comment

Result then!

Sorry if i worried you with my comments on aftermarket valves...its not that they are crap as such, its just they simply don't last as long as OE. Everyone always recommends the Forge ones but thats because they are usually replacing a broken standard one thats probably done at least 40k (!) with a shiney new aftermarket one so they want to think their money is well spent. Stuff doesn't last forever but i'm yet to hear of any Forge valve that can go the distance...forge even say to inspect the seals every year or so so they are definately not "fit and forget" like OE. Its actually the same valve on the Corsas and Astras so if the OE one can take 200+ bhp on the Astra is more than capable on the Corsa.

You've got it sorted though so thats good news!

Comment

Working...
                              X