Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRacing Servicing and general parts

Hi all

First of all, so happy to part of the VXR owners club, love my Corsa D VXRacing #308 and wanna do her good so thought I'd ask in general to see where a good place to seek genuine, tried and tested places I can get servicing parts from.

I've been looking through a few sites (including YT) to get some tips on good manners to have with her, including cold starts, engine cuts, servicing 6k minor/12k major and the likes however so many folks suggest some different parts and I was hoping some of you guys have some recommendations for me to go shopping for filters, fluids and other parts.

**Update** Before even finishing this post I have just acquired my first upgrade thanks to David (@r22_arctic @dcl_vents) and my new uprated gear linkage is on it's way to me!!!

I've been following a few videos and reading a few reddits but nothing like a owners club to deliver on a reputable place, maybe even a one-stop-shop

Thanks for any help in advance

Dave

Hi mate welcome! I got recommended by RnD Motorsport (very reputable vauxhall tuners) to use NGK bkr7e spark plugs with a 0.7mm gap. They are cheap at £4 each on ECP and have been running a dream in mine for the last 6 months, apparently they are better for the engine as they are colder running.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker_Man View Post
      Hi mate welcome! I got recommended by RnD Motorsport (very reputable vauxhall tuners) to use NGK bkr7e spark plugs with a 0.7mm gap. They are cheap at £4 each on ECP and have been running a dream in mine for the last 6 months, apparently they are better for the engine as they are colder running.
      Thanks man, I'll get me some ordered tonight!

Upgrade #2!!

Comment

No worries bud, in terms of other items;
        Engine oil : castrol c3 5w30 (others are good as long as they are dexos 2 approved)
        Gearbox oil : Fuchs sintofluid 75w80
        Brake fluid " : Dot 4 (i used millers racing fluid)
        gearbox and brake arent a yearly thing but just incase you wanted to change them👍

Comment

Sorry to disagree but the correct plug for a basically standard car is the NGK ZFR6BP-G / 1748.

You are different as iirc you are tuned in which case yes, going to a colder plug MAY help, as it MAY prevent overheating/detonation under higher boost. If you check NGKs website they'll also say as much - "A good rule of thumb is, one heat range colder for every 75–100hp added" so really you should only consider moving on from standard plugs at above stage 3.

Fitting bkr7e to a standard car will make it run worse and will likely cause carbon build ups.

Please be careful about recommending parts - if the poster has ordered the bkr7e's already you have made him waste his money.

Sorry to sound like a know-it-all!
          Last edited by u33db; 30 June 2020, 08:26 AM.
          Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

yeah i agree with above

The mod from david is decent though and helped with my gear change
            Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
            https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...rsa-d-vxracing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post

Sorry to disagree but the correct plug for a basically standard car is the NGK ZFR6BP-G / 1748.

You are different as iirc you are tuned in which case yes, going to a colder plug MAY help, as it MAY prevent overheating/detonation under higher boost. If you check NGKs website they'll also say as much - "A good rule of thumb is, one heat range colder for every 75–100hp added" so really you should only consider moving on from standard plugs at above stage 3.

Fitting bkr7e to a standard car will make it run worse and will likely cause carbon build ups.

Please be careful about recommending parts - if the poster has ordered the bkr7e's already you have made him waste his money.

Damn you know your stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post

Thank you so much!

I haven't yet ordered them as I really wanted to wait for this post to grow and get some second opinions so I'm glad I waited.

I assume that the NGK plug can also be bought from ECP? I am, as a previous RX7 owner, a particular when it comes to my car. Been a long time since I've had a decent car and to be honest, I want to keep the car standard as I've seen (and yet to experience) David's Car so I'm sure the cost suits. Personally I really would prefer to use parts that are recommended to go on a standard VXR as I do not intend to overclock the engine in anyway. So, standard engine, standard block and standard turbo.

Again, can not stress enough how appreciated anyone posting here to me as it is only going to improve my VXR, extend her life and ensure efficiency for her.

You don't need to know anything about cars to know that this car is at its limits - that's enough for me! 100% sure I won't be going anywhere near a stage 1 nevermind a stage 3!! I bet though she would be more break-neck-mental than she already is!!

Thank you again for the tips (gotta love someone that knows what they are talking about giving advice for free!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Arron D View Post
                  yeah i agree with above

The mod from david is decent though and helped with my gear change
                  Yeah, really looking forward to this simple yet effective mod. I find myself not putting her into gear effectively enough currently due to the length of travel. Loved my RX7, that was a short shift but it just worked perfectly. I have looked at maybe changing the arm too but so far I'm not impressed with the difference I've found with people that have done that mod. Got any mods yourself you can recommend for around the £20 mark?

Comment

Damn you know your stuff!
                    Hell yea, and then he go give the advice to all for free?? What a top bloke!

Comment

Originally posted by r3m0dul8 View Post

Thank you so much!

I haven't yet ordered them as I really wanted to wait for this post to grow and get some second opinions so I'm glad I waited.

I assume that the NGK plug can also be bought from ECP? I am, as a previous RX7 owner, a particular when it comes to my car. Been a long time since I've had a decent car and to be honest, I want to keep the car standard as I've seen (and yet to experience) David's Car so I'm sure the cost suits. Personally I really would prefer to use parts that are recommended to go on a standard VXR as I do not intend to overclock the engine in anyway. So, standard engine, standard block and standard turbo.

Again, can not stress enough how appreciated anyone posting here to me as it is only going to improve my VXR, extend her life and ensure efficiency for her.

You don't need to know anything about cars to know that this car is at its limits - that's enough for me! 100% sure I won't be going anywhere near a stage 1 nevermind a stage 3!! I bet though she would be more break-neck-mental than she already is!!

Thank you again for the tips (gotta love someone that knows what they are talking about giving advice for free!!!)
                      Mate i said the same thing about staying stock, but then first it was a cat back for some noise, now two years later im stage 2 and it feels sluggish😂 thinking of trading the shitbox in for an Octavia vrs!

Comment

Originally posted by r3m0dul8 View Post

Yeah, really looking forward to this simple yet effective mod. I find myself not putting her into gear effectively enough currently due to the length of travel. Loved my RX7, that was a short shift but it just worked perfectly. I have looked at maybe changing the arm too but so far I'm not impressed with the difference I've found with people that have done that mod. Got any mods yourself you can recommend for around the £20 mark?
                        Mazda RX-7 look awesome i wish i had owned one

I've done a few things to the corsa mate tbh , mostly visual . I've a list on my page below that shows what I've changed etc .

Welcome to the forum btw

Hmmm for 20 quid I'm not sure mate, depends what kind of thing your into , the led side indicators are a nice touch but can't think of much off the top of head
                        Last edited by Arron D; 1 July 2020, 07:02 AM.
                        Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
                        https://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/ch...rsa-d-vxracing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Can any of you recommend a Air Filter? I've seen a few people use a few but again, would really prefer one that suits the stock engine.

I shall resist adding more POWA!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Arron D View Post

Mazda RX-7 look awesome i wish i had owned one

I've done a few things to the corsa mate tbh , mostly visual . I've a list on my page below that shows what I've changed etc .

Welcome to the forum btw

Hmmm for 20 quid I'm not sure mate, depends what kind of thing your into , the led side indicators are a nice touch but can't think of much off the top of head
                            Yeah seen them and wasn't too sure about them. My car is very similar to yours and I love what you've done so far to yours. As you're at Stage 2, I don't think I would go that all out as I purely can't keep up with that but seriously tho it's a sweet *** ride!!!!

Comment

Mate i said the same thing about staying stock, but then first it was a cat back for some noise, now two years later im stage 2 and it feels sluggish😂 thinking of trading the shitbox in for an Octavia vrs!
                              I was looking at them originally but I didn't want to go over 1.6 tbh, I love how sturdy these feel especially when you throw them round the corner - surely you would miss all that fun in a VRS?

Comment

Working...
                              X