Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declare mods to insurance?

—hansb
    Last edited by Mattydaly24; 4 July 2020, 10:22 PM.

The question you should be asking is if you have an accident then do you want to take the consequences of not having it declared?

I mean you might just rear end someone at 2 mph in which case probably nobody is really gonna care.

Then again you might wipe out a bus stop of disabled school kids in which case insurance will take a serious close look at your car. If you've not declared everything they'll bend you over then you've got the knowledge of having hurt someone and at the time time not being legal and possibly a court case for both of those things

Doesn't really seem worth it for a plastic splitter TBH.

We can't tell you what to do but nobody is gonna advise you to break to the law.

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Okay mate, was only wondering if anyone else had ‘risked’ it.

cheers

Comment

No worries and i sympathize with the amount they charge.

Not gonna lie - i've done mad things, like driving with undeclared engine swaps, but that was then - its not worth the risk these days due to the way things are.
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help mate, just find it crazy you have to declare every little thing

Comment

Originally posted by Mattydaly24 View Post
            Thanks a lot for your help mate, just find it crazy you have to declare every little thing
            Unfortunately that's how it is - myself I'd save the money and spend it on fuel and making sure you have good tyres, decent brakes and enjoy driving

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post

Unfortunately that's how it is - myself I'd save the money and spend it on fuel and making sure you have good tyres, decent brakes and enjoy driving
              Great that’s a lot mate, will do that

Comment

Working...
              X