Piston 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston 4

Just wondering who actually has had issues with piston 4 and what the likelihood is of having it? Is it any more prevalent than 3 cylinder ST's head gasket issue? Starting to think its a tad overhyped😂
    insta: amateur_greasemonkey

Ive had two corsa vxrs one a 2007 and the other a 2011 nurburgring which i still have, piston 4 happened to both, the 2007 vxr was standard when happened and the burg was mapped when it happened, its not if but when with piston 4 in my opinion.

Comment

P4 is a lottery tbh over the years I’ve seen them pop on completely stock engines but then I’ve seen stock piston engines running over 230bhp and not have any problems but it’s always best to forge them imo
      xbox addy -turboyoda85
      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

So what can be done to prevent it ? (Bar forging) isnt decent fuel, bigger injectors and warm up/ cool downs best thing to prevent?

Comment

Yea if your mapping it 395cc injectors are a must and warming up warming down is a good way to prevent it but there is no way to actually fully stop it from happening it’s due to the side feed to the fuel rail that’s the reason why they pop not much u can do about that forging is the only way to stop it imo
          xbox addy -turboyoda85
          Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Forging is no guarantee of reliability either (though it should help).

Always remember that guy that bought an SRI turbo forged by GCAP 5k miles previously and its engine went...then it took him 4/5 months to get it fixed as they basically told him to sod off.
            Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Working...
            X