Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piston 4 problems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Piston 4 problems

    Iv just recently brought a corsa vxr and been told that the engine was completely replaced after piston 4 went on it, just curious as how likely it is that the same thing will happen again and this time I will have to sort it out?!! iv seen quite a few posts with people having same problem and now im worrying that loads will go wrong with it lol!!! any help welcome!!!

  • #2
    as long as you look after the car,warm up before driving hard an let it cool down you will be fine.

    regal fixed a corsa last week that had piston number 4 problem for the sum of 600 quid,its not as big an issue as first thought.everyone thought it was a new engine needed if you had this problem but its now clear that its not.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      do not worry and enjoy a very fun car.



      and welcome.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Apparently they changed the engine when it happened as the car was still under warranty so saving the hassle they just replaced the whole engine! i know any problem will be expensive id just rather avoid any problems!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
          Apparently they changed the engine when it happened as the car was still under warranty so saving the hassle they just replaced the whole engine! i know any problem will be expensive id just rather avoid any problems!!!

          was the car std.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            std? haha sorry im a bit slow!!

            Comment


            • #7
              james vxr,vxr lee,sharky1 and lots more,there corsa vxr's are 2 years old and not had an engine problem.so just look after it and enjoy.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
                std? haha sorry im a bit slow!!
                one more std one gone.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  oh thats awesome then!!!! il just stick to my economical driving and hope for the best!!!!! thank you!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
                    oh thats awesome then!!!! il just stick to my economical driving and hope for the best!!!!! thank you!!!
                    Don't worry about it, just warm it up and down gie in 5-10 mins before you really drive it hard if you do.

                    Mines been mapped for about 14 months now over 240 bhp and its top notch and i hang about but i do look after it.

                    Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      mines gone twice no4 piston vauxhall replaced engines but now know i'm modified due to issue no 97 total vauxhall magazine so they won't touch me anymore lol.

                      my mates threw a conrod through the sump vauxhall replaced the engine on that to.

                      get pistons and rods done £2000 fitted at regal won't break then vauxhall should have put proper pistons in them in the first place!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        To be honest this takes the piss we have all payed good money for this car and Vauxhall/Opel have stuck crap ****ing rods in when they should have put stronger ones in, this has totally changed my views on the Corsa. Bring on the Astra anytime.
                        CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

                        Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

                        1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
                          mines gone twice no4 piston vauxhall replaced engines but now know i'm modified due to issue no 97 total vauxhall magazine so they won't touch me anymore lol.

                          my mates threw a conrod through the sump vauxhall replaced the engine on that to.

                          get pistons and rods done £2000 fitted at regal won't break then vauxhall should have put proper pistons in them in the first place!
                          Hope you didnt have two engines from VX while modded....

                          No wonder they are giving us standard owners grief for any warranty issue
                          2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                          2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

                          2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                          Originally posted by Flinty
                          as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Egg View Post
                            Hope you didnt have two engines from VX while modded....

                            No wonder they are giving us standard owners grief for any warranty issue
                            As above that's half the reason these things are an issue.

                            Cars that have been modified are pushing outside the limits which Vauxhall warranty the engine for - and then to complain about the quality of the parts is ridiculous. The parts fitted are fine for the standard engine, and the rods certainly are ok, the only time they fail is too much torque (on a modified engine), or a mechanical overrev, which is driver error.

                            As for Piston No 4, do not confuse the piston cracking issue, with the piston melting. Piston cracking has occured on a few cars, however of those only 2 were standard (last time I checked with sources), and this fault is generally being linked with driving style and the car being put under too much load when the engine is still cold, and then inadequate cool down.

                            As for the piston melting, there are several causes, but all of these come back to the car being tuned. If you tune your car you take a risk, hence why you should ensure it is properly checked before and after, and ensure your tuner will be there to assist if anything goes wrong

                            Anyhoo, rant over....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
                              Iv just recently brought a corsa vxr and been told that the engine was completely replaced after piston 4 went on it, just curious as how likely it is that the same thing will happen again and this time I will have to sort it out?!! iv seen quite a few posts with people having same problem and now im worrying that loads will go wrong with it lol!!! any help welcome!!!
                              was you told about this before you bought the car or have you found out since??

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X