This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr not well at all.......help please

engine managment light came on en route to edinburgh this morning and car is now very very sluggish. feels like the turbo is only just starting to spool up then the engine seems to loose pwer??

im running the court hoses and baily dv26d dump valve and also cold air induction. ive been runing this for a few months now and this engine management light has just came on. how do we get the fault codes up on the corsa?? ive tried the same as the astra, but to no avail

any help will be great chaps

pete
    PIPER X CONE FILTER - RED COURT HOSES - - POWDER COATED ALLOYS - TINTED REPEATERS - DECAT PIPE - CUSTOM INDICATOR SURROUNDS + GLOSS BLACK BITS

my website:- www.duel-photography.com
    my photo gallery :- www.flickr.com/photos/petehemsley

Originally posted by M90VXR View Post
    engine managment light came on en route to edinburgh this morning and car is now very very sluggish. feels like the turbo is only just starting to spool up then the engine seems to loose pwer??

im running the court hoses and baily dv26d dump valve and also cold air induction. ive been runing this for a few months now and this engine management light has just came on. how do we get the fault codes up on the corsa?? ive tried the same as the astra, but to no avail

any help will be great chaps

pete
    Fault codes can only be accessed by Tech II on the Corsa - get it booked in and let us know the outcome. Good luck, hope its nothing more serious than a lose pipe.

Comment

sounds like a lose pipe or a split hose?
      sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

or AMM ?
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

try to check pipes on back of engine (dont know how to call them exactly) there is one small pipe which is comming off sometimes...
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

DumpValve would be my guess.... but that is a GUESS....

Get it checked over.
            2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
            2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
            Originally posted by Flinty
            as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

is the dump valve a twin piston one?

Comment

piston no 4!

Comment

sounds like its in limp mode m8 need 2 get tech2 on it lol

Comment

it could be the dump valve that might be putting it into limp mode, take off the dumpvalve and try disconnecting the battery for 10mins and see if it solves the problem.
                    My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Originally posted by dc44 View Post
                      it could be the dump valve that might be putting it into limp mode, take off the dumpvalve and try disconnecting the battery for 10mins and see if it solves the problem.
                      agree... try this before anything, its quick and saves a trip to dealers

Comment

service light should come on if its the DV its done it to me when i changed to a collins so changed back to the bailys with no probs

Comment

cheers for the help lads! going to get it jacked up for inspection at some point today and have a good nose about. the bailey dv is the twin piston one with stronger spring fitted and this has been on since feb with no problems at all.

another quick quiery.

when you depress the brake and accel. pedel and turn the key two stops, the engine light flashes in a sequence of numbers, exactly the same as the corsa c fault finding.
                          its flashing 5414 which to me suggests a fault code??

pete
                          PIPER X CONE FILTER - RED COURT HOSES - - POWDER COATED ALLOYS - TINTED REPEATERS - DECAT PIPE - CUSTOM INDICATOR SURROUNDS + GLOSS BLACK BITS

Comment

Hi mate. You really do need a Tech 2 to check the system fault correctly or you could spend hours trying to trace the problem yourself. If you were local to me I would get my techy to check it for you. Good luck mate

Comment

where abouts aree you mate?

Comment

Working...
                              X