This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i fit a dump valve???hi

hi every one i want to fit a dump valve to my vxr racing but some say i can and others dont recommend it,
    so as any one got one fitted with no problems with it as im after a nice whosh sound
    got fitted remus and decat on turbo and filter?
    thanks

I got one no problems at all its a dv26 baileys twin piston not very loud though apparently there isn't a loud dumpvalve for the corsa vxr. steve

Comment

Thought it was for sale?

Astra

Comment

hi m8 going 2 get 1 fitted 2 my astra but ive heard the collins dv26 1 is the best 2 fit so ill b fitting that 1 2 mine

Comment

iv had the dv26 no problems but my dv 36 with the trumpet made the spanner light come on
          Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

i had the dv36 trumpet one on, had no problems and was quite loud. then fitted a one way vlave to the standard re-circ and this made the dump valve twice as loud, easily hear it inside the car with windows up and a mate driving infront of me could hear me dump!

Comment

whats the one way valve mate? got any info on it?

Comment

also iv had a bailys twin piston fitted for 6 months with no problems changed to collins which sounded miles better but went into limp mode with in a day.

Comment

I have one for sale if your interested mate pm me

Comment

the one way vlave, pretty simple, only lets air one way. bought it from halfords for about £1.50. its actually a windscrren washer valve but does the same job. basically the standard recirc works by applying pressure to the valve while boosting, when you come off throttle it releases pressure causing the spribg to open the recirc dumping the air. basically the one way valve stops the pressure coming off the recirc and doesnt allow it to dump letting all the boost pressure out your aftermarket valve.

Comment

so is this safe mate? no risk of spanner light to come on?

Comment

well i wouldnt say no risk... do anything other then standard and theres a risk... even standard there is a risk, and i accept no responsability BUT i never had any problems and was runing fine... other have blannked off the valve with no problems, this is effectively the same just take 2 seconds and dont need to unscrew anything lol

Comment

got any pics as to where u fitted it and stuff? how long u been running it?

Comment

have taken it off at present as selling the valve... going to be replace with a metal pipe so nowhere to use the dump valve, was running couple months maybe with no problems. it attaches inline to the beige pipe that goes into the standard recirc. really easy.

Comment

Hi mate just bought the valve from halfords which end goes towards the standerd recirc black or white? and by beige pipe do u mean th cream tube coming out of the recirc? Do u just cut this pipe and put the valve between it?

Comment

Working...
                              X