This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED number plate oddness!

i already have another thread but i just want an answer for this! I thought i found an LED number plate bulb that worked!

i plugged it in and turned it on and all was fine but this was during the day! i came back to my car after work to notice they were flickering but i hadnt even unlocked my car yet and all lights were off!

i came home and turned the sidelights on and then everything and they worked fine but it was only when the lights were off that they contined to flicker even when the car was looked and all lights were turned off!

HOW??????????????
    sigpic

no idea??? thats wierd lol... what is the problem with getting bulbs? what type of bulbs do they take?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
      no idea??? thats wierd lol... what is the problem with getting bulbs? what type of bulbs do they take?
      501, i tried the ones u got in the side lights from car mod shop but nothing! (put them in the sidelights and they look great now! lol)

i want white led ones but none i tried work! i was going to try the 15 led ones from trists thread in the astra section but i might settle for the phillips blue vision 501 recommended by swampy depending on how bright they are! lol

i dont get why every one i tried works in the sidelight but not in the number plate! lol
      sigpic

Comment

faulty wiring? put the originals back in n check. might have made a wire loose pulling it out

Comment

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
          faulty wiring? put the originals back in n check. might have made a wire loose pulling it out
          na once i put one back in it was fine! must be something to do with the current or just the damn leds lol

i just ordered some philips blue vision 501 and see how they look! only a fiver on ebay! gana leave the led smds in the sides as they match the xenons perfectly! lol
          sigpic

Comment

I think it must just be a type of LED that you have bought mate.. although very strange that they work in your sidelights. I find with LEDs that its better to pay a little bit more..

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
              I think it must just be a type of LED that you have bought mate.. although very strange that they work in your sidelights. I find with LEDs that its better to pay a little bit more..
              Fair enough mate! I've got nothing against paying a bit for them but I don't like the fact how they are so temperamental! Anyway I was only trying LEDs coz I thought they were the only ones you can get in White bit if ur philips blue vision is what I'm after then that is 100 times better as it being a proper light bulb so to speak!
              sigpic

Comment

Can you hurry up and sort this so i know for future referance what ones to get cause i want some myself

Comment

Originally posted by Tim164 View Post
                  Can you hurry up and sort this so i know for future referance what ones to get cause i want some myself
                  Lol me too! If u look at my other thread then swampy said he will post a pic up of the philips blue vision bulbs tonight! Maybe that cud be what we are after! Lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep, look out for a pic later on when it gets dark..

Comment

Here you go chaps..

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...402#post878402

Comment

Working...
                      X