X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy/trade in...

Hello all,

I have a 07 57 reg sliver astra vxr and was considering p/x it for the corsa vxracing edition. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Why not part ex for an Astra Vxracing edition??

Will you not miss the power stepping down from an Astra to a Corsa??

Comment

i done the opposite an went from the corsa to the astra,an to be honest id never go back to a corsa.the astra imo is just the better all round car,alot more for your money.the corsa is a great wee car but the astra makes more sense
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehogUK View Post
        Why not part ex for an Astra Vxracing edition??

Will you not miss the power stepping down from an Astra to a Corsa??
        i was going to say that but i dont think i could change to another vxr astra,after owning one which i love when you get a new car you want something different,yes its still new but its still the same car that you had,but would make more sense
        sigpic

Comment

nothing better than beating an astra in a corsa!

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far guys!

I just fancy a change to a new car, something different without having to spend any cash. Dont get me wrong i still love my astra i just feel its gettin old n losing value. Id like to just extend my finance..

Is there a huge difference in power then? How about the mpg n handling etc?

Maybe il just wait another year or so n have a look at the new astra vxr....

Comment

Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
              nothing better than beating an astra in a corsa!
              nothing better than driving the astra without worrying about piston number 4,bearings,coolant,air con etc etc
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tigertin25 View Post
                nothing better than driving the astra without worrying about piston number 4,bearings,coolant,air con etc etc
                iv heard just as many horror stories on here about the astra...
                Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

pmsl

Lets not turn this into another one of them threads!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                    pmsl

Lets not turn this into another one of them threads!!!!
                    it was just a reply to a pointless post,no sneaky dig or anyhting ment by it
                    sigpic

Comment

Personally I couldnt feel the road through the steering wheel in my Astra VXR. The brakes didnt work for about 1.5 inches of travel and the turbo bearings ate themselves. I bought a Corsa after an RS4 because I felt I had missed the point over the years and gone down the wrong road. I wanted something light and chuckable. I was impressed by the Corsas low end punch and very smooth engine. The turn in is so much better than my Astra was. Fundamentally they are in different groups and cant be compared in my opinion.

Comment

Went from a Corsa to a Burg then back to an Arctic, I preferred the corsa for day to day use, true the astra does some things better but my all round choice was the corsa. Performance wise until you are well into points on your licence speed there is nothing between them.

Then the mid life bit arrived and I got a VXR8!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by rockett_14 View Post
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by rockett_14 View Post
                            Thanks for the replies so far guys!

I just fancy a change to a new car, something different without having to spend any cash. Dont get me wrong i still love my astra i just feel its gettin old n losing value. Id like to just extend my finance..

Is there a huge difference in power then? How about the mpg n handling etc?

Not driven the Astra but you with regards to mpg - I can get 35 around town and 40+ on a run (depends on your right foot) - handling is tidy enough but again depends what you are used to.

With regards to your car getting old and losing value - no matter what you have the same applies - being happy with what you have is what counts, if you're not then maybe you do need to change. If you are happy then stick with what you have (better the devil you know).
                            Astra GTC

Comment

Working...
                            X