This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack mirrors, done under warranty..

had my cracked mirrors done under warranty today, not replaced though, painted, they look good but the whole front end of the car is covered in overspray

like all over! going back in the morning.

how is overspray removed? does in need cutting back with rotary?

They didnt take the mirros off to paint then?

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
      They didnt take the mirros off to paint then?
      nope!

Comment

That sounds really bad fella, especially when they clip off - I assume you mean the coloured panels >???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
          That sounds really bad fella, especially when they clip off - I assume you mean the coloured panels >???
          all over the car mate, more or less

Comment

How lazy is that, only clipped on like eariler said.

Guessing they will mop it
            Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

they said bring it back in a week when the bodyshop bloke is in....lol

going back first thing! don't know why they didn't just replace them!

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                had my cracked mirrors done under warranty today, not replaced though, painted, they look good but the whole front end of the car is covered in overspray

like all over! going back in the morning.

how is overspray removed? does in need cutting back with rotary?
                Would ask that once paint is repaired that you get some good will gesture (such as free service) that is if you intend taking the car back after the paint is sorted. Eitherways it is poor customer service and poor care of your pride and joy. Ought there be a thread to name and shame the poor dealers along with one to show the good ones (that way we will all know who to go to and who to avoid)?
                Astra GTC

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                  all over the car mate, more or less
                  oh ****
                  MB E63s AMG
                  MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                  Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                  Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

when i had mine done they replace the whole mirror. they didn't spray them. thats poo you should demand a full replacement

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

going back in the morning!!!

Comment

demand a professional detail to remove overspray, and they can pick uip the bill! But iv heard clay can remove overspray if they try to dodge out of it. Give vxrmarc a pm or visit detailing world theres loads of advice on it!
                        Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

i cant believe this, i juist had both of mine replaced under warrenty and the car is 2 years old in novemeber,

Comment

Originally posted by Hotchy1 View Post
                            demand a professional detail to remove overspray, and they can pick uip the bill! But iv heard clay can remove overspray if they try to dodge out of it. Give vxrmarc a pm or visit detailing world theres loads of advice on it!
                            i do a bit myself too, but i have had it detailed before, its with the dealer now, if i'm not happy i've already planned to do what you said

Comment

OMG!!! how crap are some Vauxhall dealers, that sounds unbeleivable!!! I had some warranty work done on mine last week and they've scratched just above the wheel arch, quite badly and chipped one of my diamond cut alloys!!

Comment

Working...
                              X