Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help light on dash

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help light on dash

    just been driving home and a light has come on the dash the one with the car with a spanner through it.

    I've looked in book and it says enigine electronics and that the car will go into safety mode. Which it has as you can feel there is no pull.

    Does anyone know what may have caused this as its never happened before and the car seemed to be running fine up till now.

    Also any ideas on what I can do to try and fix it without taking it to the garage??

    For info I have a blue fin map and a pre cat pipe but have done for 6 months without problem


    Thanks

  • #2
    1stly it could be something minor, Is your car modified?
    Corsa Has Left The Building

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nath View Post
      1stly it could be something minor, Is your car modified?
      I have a bluefin map and a precat pipe

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you have the Bluefin handset? you can get fault codes with it.

        The Air Mass Meter seems to be the popular culprit with these cars
        Corsa Has Left The Building

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah I have the handset do I just plug it in to read the codes? i'll go try it now

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mattyj1085 View Post
            Yeah I have the handset do I just plug it in to read the codes? i'll go try it now
            Yea should read the codes mate and take note of them
            Corsa Has Left The Building

            Comment


            • #7
              Update i'd taken the batt off before postin to see if that reset it just been back out to it connected bat back up started her up and no lights just been for a 20 min spin and still no lights. Bluefin cant see any codes either You think thats the end of it??

              Comment


              • #8
                would of been great to get the codes 1st to see what the problem was, but just keep an eye out for that light flashing on again mate

                Could of been something crafty and small like AMM
                Corsa Has Left The Building

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks, will do

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No problem matey
                    Corsa Has Left The Building

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If it happens again to reset light remove battery terminal for 5 mins and then reconnect resets the ecu my spanner lights comes on all the time if i boot it been told it's due to me having total decat exhaust and the only way to solve it is to block the second lavander hole up and tack weld the lavender to the outside of the exhaust so it's reading fresh air had it pluged in and it comes up second lavander sensor changed it twice with no joy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i had already few problems - when spanner come on, but bluefin wasnt able to read the codes - NEVER !!!

                        as was told before it can be lots of thinks, but once battery was disconected all error codes are gone, but for sure (i think) it isnt AMM or just splitt hose, as those coming ON (spanner) also after the battery was disconected, i think that just some sensor come out of scale occasionally....
                        MB E63s AMG
                        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          glad to here that its probably nothin major, hopefully I wont see it again! figures croseed!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Update!

                            Been out in the car today to work and back it was ok this morning going but coming home I was going down the motorway and I noticed the car revving itself erratically like it was on boost then off boost in an instant almost jerking the car by itself it was very strange, I then went to put my foot down a bit got to 3000rpm and I felt a loss of power and then the spanner light comes on!!!!

                            Noooo! not again, got it home plugged the bluefin in but it can't find any error codes, I've just re loaded my standard map on for now which seems to have cleared the spanner light as I need the car tomorrow as I'm going on holiday for a week so figures crossed it will make it to the airport in the morning!!

                            Anyone got any ideas on what this could be??

                            I saw someone post earlier with a similar problem possible related to water getting in to the electronics but I don't think this can be my problem as the car is kept garaged so it’s warm and dry and it hasn’t rained her whilst I’ve been out.

                            Any idea's or should I just book it in to the stealers for when I'm back?

                            Also as I have Courtney hoses and a pre cat pipe do I need to replace the originals before taking it in case of warranty work?

                            Cheers

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mattyj1085 View Post
                              Update!

                              Been out in the car today to work and back it was ok this morning going but coming home I was going down the motorway and I noticed the car revving itself erratically like it was on boost then off boost in an instant almost jerking the car by itself it was very strange, I then went to put my foot down a bit got to 3000rpm and I felt a loss of power and then the spanner light comes on!!!!

                              Noooo! not again, got it home plugged the bluefin in but it can't find any error codes, I've just re loaded my standard map on for now which seems to have cleared the spanner light as I need the car tomorrow as I'm going on holiday for a week so figures crossed it will make it to the airport in the morning!!

                              Anyone got any ideas on what this could be??

                              I saw someone post earlier with a similar problem possible related to water getting in to the electronics but I don't think this can be my problem as the car is kept garaged so it’s warm and dry and it hasn’t rained her whilst I’ve been out.

                              Any idea's or should I just book it in to the stealers for when I'm back?

                              Also as I have Courtney hoses and a pre cat pipe do I need to replace the originals before taking it in case of warranty work?

                              Cheers
                              i had the problem with water leaking into fuse box in engine bay, but i have one of the earliest corsa and as VX/OPEL already know about this problem, it shut be sorted already,

                              go to dealer to check the errors via TECH2, to be sure whats is wrong
                              MB E63s AMG
                              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X