This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres my full tank??!!!

A few times now when i've got fuel the pump has clicked off but i'm not getting a full tank. Most of the time as i'm driving along it works its way up to show a full tank but sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else have this problem and why does it happen?!!

I would suggest that the float in the tank is sticking somewhere as it goes up with the fuel

Astra

Comment

So nothing to worry about??

Comment

do you know, that after the first click you can managed another 10 liters into tank ? i once filled it with 52 liters... but any way nothing to worry about...
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGem View Post
          A few times now when i've got fuel the pump has clicked off but i'm not getting a full tank. Most of the time as i'm driving along it works its way up to show a full tank but sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else have this problem and why does it happen?!!
          How much fuel are you putting in?

If you are only putting in a small amount (less than about 10 litres, say) the needle on the guage will not move immediately - It will slowly make it's way to the correct position as you drive several miles. I don't know why this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Al View Post

If you are only putting in a small amount (less than about 10 litres, say) the needle on the guage will not move immediately - It will slowly make it's way to the correct position as you drive several miles. I don't know why this happens.
            and if you put in just 3-4 liters the needle is never going up...
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I have exactly the same with my car. My thoery was that the fuel is foaming up with the surfactants added and rate that its pumped in???? I have no idea if anti foaming agents are added.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Al View Post

Filling the tank up. this only started happening a few months ago, before, the needle always went straight up. The other day i filled it right up, took the same amount of fuel as it normally does but i didn't get a full tank!

Comment

I had the same problem a few months back. I switched from using V-power to T99 and the needle only went up 3/4 of the way, even if i had filled the tank on two clicks. When I moved back to V-power the needle acted normally.

Are you using the same brand of fuel each time you fill up?

Comment

yeah mate,same here, im using Tesco 99. I'll try Vpower next time. I'll know for sure then if tesco fuel is too "foamy".

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGem View Post
                      are u using the pump right

Comment

Originally posted by Chahal View Post
                        I had the same problem a few months back. I switched from using V-power to T99 and the needle only went up 3/4 of the way, even if i had filled the tank on two clicks. When I moved back to V-power the needle acted normally.

Are you using the same brand of fuel each time you fill up?
                        yep, using T99 every time. maybe thats the problem then. I'll try V-power when i next fill up and see what happens.

Comment

i read someone getting a part replaced i think it was called a fuel sender possibly? which reads the fuel level vx chnaged it under warranty and solved this problem

Comment

mines doing it aswell v-power or 99ron sender i think!

Comment

Sounds like it could be a fault with the Tank Sender unit.

Get that Homo that lives up your way to take a look for you
                              sigpic
                              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Working...
                              X