Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side lights - How easy are they to fit?

Ive ordered and collected a pair of LED sidelights, but how the f*ck do i install them?
    Do i have to remove the battery and air filter from their respected sides or is there an easier way? I can undo the covers without removal of any parts, but how can i actually change the lights? Maybe my hands are too fat

Cheers,
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

i managed to do mine outside the car shop, was a lot of a faf but its possible. i cant remember exactly how i did it because it was ages ago!
    Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
    Future mods: springs....

Comment

The handbook is your friend

Comment

are they canbus compatible no point in wasting your time installing if there not goin to work then havin to change them back again?
        black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
        19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

well in the handbook it advises to get a service guy to do it, but it surely cant be that bad! I was going to change one and see wht it looks like...! Lol
          sigpic

Comment

I think it's a pain in the *** just for changing some lights, not exactly a 2 min job.

LED lights will work on the Corsa without any probs.

Comment

i was changing all bulbs on all cars which where at home with out any problem, just this corsa is going to service all the time when i need to change the front one, also service guy in opel take off front bumper than front lights and just than chaning front bulbs.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Pain to change but worth it! I used a mirror to c what I was doin! Lol! I wernt going to remove anything! I used the manual! It's pretty helpful!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
                  Pain to change but worth it! I used a mirror to c what I was doin! Lol! I wernt going to remove anything! I used the manual! It's pretty helpful!
                  a mirror did the job! Managd to do the drivers side in seconds, the passenger side was ****, had to get my brother with his skinny hands to do it! Only thing now is my 5 smt led sidelights completely kill the amber main beam :s HID upgrade here i come.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                    a mirror did the job! Managd to do the drivers side in seconds, the passenger side was ****, had to get my brother with his skinny hands to do it! Only thing now is my 5 smt led sidelights completely kill the amber main beam :s HID upgrade here i come.....
                    kl mate! xenon is the way forward! doesnt only look good but can see better too! lol btw the finally got rd to changing my orange indicator lights at the front! looks much better now! but they look much dimmer when on!???
                    sigpic

Comment

Mine installed...
                      Got them here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-W5W-DASH-S...d=p3911.c0.m14

Although mine were only 3.85 + p&p

Look like this.... Noticeable difference between headlight and sidelight now
                      HIDs here i come
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X