This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone fitted an oil temp gauage?

I know many people has fitted boost gauges and what not but was wondering if anyone had fitted an oil temp gauge as it's important and how easy is it to fit. Thanks guys x

you seem to have quite a good base knowledge of turbo cars and vxrs for someone who has just arrived to the forum!

dont believe anyone in britain has! im sure a few in greece will have though

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
      you seem to have quite a good base knowledge of turbo cars and vxrs for someone who has just arrived to the forum!

dont believe anyone in britain has! im sure a few in greece will have though
      Ahh bad luck, yeah I have read on here the basics of owning a turbo'd car and so on before I found this site I knew nothing! Haha, I don't have any mechanical skill or anything. Wish I did though

Thanks for your help anyway hun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya VX View Post
        Ahh bad luck, yeah I have read on here the basics of owning a turbo'd car and so on before I found this site I knew nothing! Haha, I don't have any mechanical skill or anything. Wish I did though

Thanks for your help anyway hun.
        Im in that boat too Theres plenty of info on here for any beginner to sound good
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

I've got a boost gauge and a voltometer gauge which is easy just wire it up to earth and live of the back of the radio as for a oil temp one you'll have to run a wire off the oil temp sensor on most cars they are located on the sump but have been under there a number of times and not seen it must be on the back of the block somewhere. steve

Comment

I'm thinking about doing a boost and temp. Only thinking lol but if I do I'll do a How to. Too much on at the moment!

Like yourself I'm not happy driving the car without knowing the temp, wouldn't like to damage the engine and can't be bothered with pressing buttons everytime to get the temp up on the screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Pymzola View Post
              I'm thinking about doing a boost and temp. Only thinking lol but if I do I'll do a How to. Too much on at the moment!

Like yourself I'm not happy driving the car without knowing the temp, wouldn't like to damage the engine and can't be bothered with pressing buttons everytime to get the temp up on the screen!
              with temp available only being coolant as opposed to Oil....
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

If thats the case it can be run of the temp switch on the rad!

Comment

Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
                  If thats the case it can be run of the temp switch on the rad!

oil and coolant are different tempetures

sigpic

Comment

LukeVXR had oil temp gauge fitted to his car.. he now sold it to my son but he must know how to fit though.. maybe pm him if hes not around.

Comment

Originally posted by K70VXR View Post
                      LukeVXR had oil temp gauge fitted to his car.. he now sold it to my son but he must know how to fit though.. maybe pm him if hes not around.
                      Hows your son finding the Car then?
                      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya VX View Post
                        I know many people has fitted boost gauges and what not but was wondering if anyone had fitted an oil temp gauge as it's important and how easy is it to fit. Thanks guys x
                        why is it important? same as the people that fit oil pressure gauges... you would know straight away if you had lost oil pressure!

im sure as this is a canbus based car, that an electronic oil pressure gauge could be rigged up by OBD II ?
                        Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                          Hows your son finding the Car then?
                          Still ant got 1 yet....

Comment

Originally posted by R9 NML View Post
                            Still ant got 1 yet....
                            It will come
                            Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                              It will come
                              just waittin to get plate sorted of old car then should get 1.... when i decide on a colour lol

Comment

Working...
                              X