This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa v type R

Just a quick question, drove away a bit sharpish today, and all of a sudden i noticed an old shape honda type R trying to kiss my arze, and wouldnt let go until i turned off.

Which car is the best at this sort of sprint driving ?
    sigpic

standard vs standard thought it would of been close but i reckon the type r would be better handling in the twisties corsa better for in gear acceleration.

Comment

i don't understand the question.

are you asking which is better in a race

Comment

Its very rare that you get a standard type r.

My mates mate was bragging about how fast his EP3 type r was saying it was 240bhp etc. he had a play with me and couldnt keep up
        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Off the line type r,and still the type in in a race at speed i would think

Comment

standard v standard the corsa would kick the type r's butt. but show it a corner and the type r wins. i've tried and tested with a mate

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

getting 240 out a type r will cost a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
                i don't understand the question.

are you asking which is better in a race
                Not exactly intended to be a race, but the more i gave it the more he stuck (with his little blue headlamp bulbs on in broad daylight)
                I could have turned it into more but had to turn off at a junction.
                Hence if i had kept on who would/should have got the better ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
                  getting 240 out a type r will cost a fortune
                  Well it didnt seem 240bhp mate think he was all talk. He had a full decat system i knew that and a ram induction kit
                  Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

210 bhp max i'd guess, with loads of noise from the vtech

btw the type r is quicker top end a result of the 2.0 engine and the high reving vtech all imo of course

Comment

i passed one with a fully loaded astra, wife, dogs and bags! his car was smoking a little on gear change too. Love the way they look but the VTEC just cant beat a bit of boost lol
                      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Aint had a chance to toy with a CTR yet, would be quite intresting (std v std)

Comment

240 bhp plus your cars tuned i would hope so

Comment

I've gone from Corsa VXR (2 years owning one) to a new shape Type R, and it's faster than my old VXR, a lot smoother but much quicker, especially after 80mph when the Corsa started to run out of guts.

It's also quite nice getting feedback through the steering wheel. I learnt how to corner my corsa because you couldn't feel the steering and therefor never had any confidence in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hastie View Post

Aint had a chance to toy with a CTR yet, would be quite intresting (std v std)
                              lol nice pic. ive had the joy of driving the last 2 models of type r numerous times there is absolutely nothing in it unless you remove the pre-cat fit an exhaust the corsas extra torque wins on accelaration

Comment

Working...
                              X