Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running in and Cruise Control

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Running in and Cruise Control

    Now everybody has their own opinions on running in but one thing that seems to stay the same is not using Cruise control...

    At what mileage should cruise be safe as not to cause engine trouble? Ive done 500 now and i wana try the easy life!
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

    PSN: TomFL12

  • #2
    whats the reason to not use CC during running in ???
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by brano_co View Post
      whats the reason to not use CC during running in ???
      Something to do with pistons sticking and keeping it at the same revs?
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

      PSN: TomFL12

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
        Something to do with pistons sticking and keeping it at the same revs?
        they are still doing 50 rotates per second at cruising speed when they can stick ???
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

        Comment


        • #5
          The idea of running in is to using different revs of the engine so sticking at 1 speed which will keep the revs the same is a waste of time and could result in the above..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
            The idea of running in is to using different revs of the engine so sticking at 1 speed which will keep the revs the same is a waste of time and could result in the above..
            Hence why cruise control si advised against.

            So when is it "safe" to use cruise?
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

            PSN: TomFL12

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
              The idea of running in is to using different revs of the engine so sticking at 1 speed which will keep the revs the same is a waste of time and could result in the above..
              sorry but once you will be running the car in on highway on 500 (first) miles trip yes that can be problem, but if you use it just for mew miles - same like when you are travelling and looking to not go over 50/80 miles limit you are still sticked to the same RPM... or isnt ?
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

              Comment


              • #8
                bump.... any ideas?
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

                PSN: TomFL12

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just ****ing drive it...and don't worry about it.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by In a state View Post
                    Just ****ing drive it...and don't worry about it.
                    MB E63s AMG
                    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      it's a well known fact that the engine is run in at the factory. Just drive the dam thing and don't worry.....it's all covered by warenty

                      Corsa VXR now sold

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by richie.corsa.vxr View Post
                        .....it's all covered by warenty
                        till you are modded
                        MB E63s AMG
                        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by richie.corsa.vxr View Post
                          it's a well known fact that the engine is run in at the factory. Just drive the dam thing and don't worry.....it's all covered by warenty
                          also if you was stuck in traffic it would be idling at same rpm so it dont matter imo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by In a state View Post
                            Just ****ing drive it...and don't worry about it.
                            Well said.

                            Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X