This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes still Squeeking

Having had enough of the noise of my standard brakes squeeking and squeeling i recently changed them to EBC Red Stuff, the new bakes a re really goo, but now even after 500 miles on the new brakes they are now doing the same thing, has aone else with red stuff still have squeeks and squeels?

red stuff ? you got a death wish? you do know track pads need warming up before they are any good?
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      red stuff ? you got a death wish? you do know track pads need warming up before they are any good?
      I dont know anything about brakes, they were the ones that were recomended to me from EBC, for the road, so i got them. Have i been ill advised then?

Comment

lol i think yellow may have been the wiser choice! although some mixed reviews on here

sigpic

Comment

quote from the site

Redstuff however as a harder compound does take longer to fully bed in to achieve its highest levels of performance (can be up to 1500 miles/2500 Kms urban use) during which time the odd "Chirp" of brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp and cold conditions at walking pace speed. One press of the pedal to clear the rotor of any dampness and this disappears to leave EBC Redstuff a pad that inspires confidence in all cars. The motto is be patient give the pads a full chance to bed down.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            Having just read Ebc write up about these pads it says they ae better from cold than OE brakes, so either you are very wrong or they are.

Comment

yea but they are aimed towards heavier vehicles!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                yea but they are aimed towards heavier vehicles!
                Again i can only go by what EBC themselves say, and that The Blue stuff pads are aimed at Heavier vehicles. And Yellow are for Road/Track

Comment

Redstuff is only available for heavier and faster CARS and does find its self at its best on slightly heavier cars or Truck and SUV applications. Selecting the right grade of EBC pad for you car, truck or SUV is important and you can see the entire EBC selection and how to choose the right brakes for your car by switching to this linked page.

sigpic

Comment

get the yellow pads mate and ebay the red ones, they will get snapped up if you price them right.

Comment

Well they must be available for lighter cars aswell as i wouldnt have been able to buy them!!!!!! I guess is all down to preference or which ones you have fitted. They seem bloody good to me, just squeek akot still, but they will get better apparently.

Comment

aint saying they are wrong, just possibly the yellows might have been more appropiate

sigpic

Comment

Like i said i was told to get these from the man who works for EBC, if they dont know, what hope have the rest of us got.

Comment

Originally posted by matty_vxr View Post
                            get the yellow pads mate and ebay the red ones, they will get snapped up if you price them right.
                            As what he said

Comment

Yellow Stuff pads are more suited to track use and they are the ones you need to be careful with and get some heat into them. Red Stuff should be good on the corsa I would have thought, good choice!

All vaux breaks squeak, to do with the caliper design as much as the pad compound, its quite annoyin tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X