This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats

I took my car in for a service and I asked them to look at the passenger seat,
    as the seat cover has come out from around the frame round behind wheres the airbags are. After taking it to them again today they are saying theres nothing they can do under warrenty. Apparently the interior trim is only covered for a year and my car is 2 years old. Any suggestions on what to do.

It does clip back in mate, you just have to push at the right angle and with enough force to get it back in, and more importantly to stay in.

I clipped mine back in and it never cam back out.

Comment

its easy just to push in mate,just start at the top and work down.
      sigpic

Comment

Fix it yourself, pay vauxhall to fit it, take it to a retrimmer and let them have a look.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
          its easy just to push in mate,just start at the top and work down.
          well vauxhall have had to tries and they say it doesnt stay in. I will try myself and see how it goes.
          Is it worth ringing vx customer services if i cannt fix it, will I get anywhere

Comment

you would have more luck calling honda customer services mate

they will tell u where to go! as in go away
            Last edited by vxrdave; 9 October 2009, 09:00 PM. Reason: Swearing

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza View Post
              well vauxhall have had to tries and they say it doesnt stay in. I will try myself and see how it goes.
              Is it worth ringing vx customer services if i cannt fix it, will I get anywhere
              mate it is easy
              sigpic

Comment

Its not that easy vxl did mine

Comment

Personally I would quote consumer protection law at them, any goods sold have to be fit for purpose within an expected liftetime of the product, if this is not the case then the consumer has the right to a repair, refund or return.

A car seat should be fit for purpose for a long, long time within a car, I certainly would not accept a "its not under warranty after 1 year line"

Comment

Seat clips can be a pain to put back in, but just have a go, if some else can do it you can do it aswell. No special tools need apart from ya hands
                    Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

My drivers seat came apart aswell I just clipped it back in myself and it's been fine since

Comment

also took mine today but said nuffin they can do as over year old....but 1 person come and had a look and put it back in best he could (as i had the baby in my arms) he said he can belive they have come apart....hope it stays in now as iv pushed it all back in 1c

Comment

Thx for all comments, that it is possible to clip it back , once this will happened, I don’t need to run to OPEL garage
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

another fob off by the guys at vx,brand new car and only has a years warrenty on the trim,even ford do 3 years

Comment

sorry if this takes things of subject abit, but my driver seat is starting to wear on the edge where iv been getting in an out oveously, just woundered is the leather trim like a cover and can it be bought through the dealers or are they tailored to fit ?

Comment

Working...
                              X