This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloody lollipop men

do these guys ever do your nut in? i pass 2 every morning on the way to work and they run out on you as if the world depends on them.

there is teenager waiting patiently on one side of the road and a kamakaze lollipop man on the other and he jumps in front of me like the kids being late for school is the end of the world he's actually gonna cause accidents doing this, especially with the roads being wet and the icy mornings getting nearer. these people need proper training, or common sense

cut a long story short i had to slam on the breaks to stop hitting him other than me the next cars about 100 yards behind me what is the emergency where these kids need to risk there life's just to get to school on time.

before anyone says it i was doing 30 in a 30

Get him reported then, being dangerous to road users

Tell you what really annoys me is people not looking before they cross the road, walk out then they see you then blantley take half a friggin hour to cross the road *Argh* happened to me with an old man last night.
    Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Our lollypop wife stands rite beside the crossin...can they no jus press the button on that then least the lights r there and noones jumpin out

xx

:vxr:M8 tarmac terrorist:vxr: (M8 TT's)

R.I.P Kal...thoughts with your family
      R.I.P Kevin...Only the good die young... xx

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
        Get him reported then, being dangerous to road users

Tell you what really annoys me is people not looking before they cross the road, walk out then they see you then blantley take half a friggin hour to cross the road *Argh* happened to me with an old man last night.
        I usually put my foot down when this happens
        sigpic
        Mike Hughes

Comment

yeah put if you hit him you need to give your car a good clean to get rid of the evidence lol. iirc the numptys can only stop traffic to let kids cross the road, if they do it for adults their breaking the law.

Comment

the thing that pisses me off is when they have a lollipop person next to a feckin pelican crossing!
            Tech2 Diagnostics
            Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

LoL!

A lollipop lady near my old house used to do this ALL the time...jump out in front of cars at the last minute, especially mine I could've throttled her...or just pressed the throttle
              Last edited by MissyV; 10 October 2009, 06:42 PM. Reason: Typo!

Comment

we had a smack head walk out in front of us without looking then she had the cheek to say it was her right of way cause she had a buggy

Comment

thats what you get driving around leeds and bradford they all seem to think they have the right of way even if they walk straight out into the middle of the road. and why do mums always put their kids out first even when crossing from behind an obstruction

Comment

Must be a training issue with the ones your talkin about.............our lollipop men and women are the salt of the earth and do a good job of trying to make the kids safe at the local primary........but as usual they get paid shitpence for what is quite a tough job.....................you have to have a bit of bottle to step out in front of traffic cos theres feckers out there that wont stop for uniformed bobbies never mind lollipops.............not to mention the drivers who dont stop cos their not paying attention and havent seen you.
                    imho you should be ready for them steppin out cos you should know whats coming as you approach the school and give them a bit of leeway cos they are usually older men or women with slower reactions
                    Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                    Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                    loved and lost, gave and took
                    Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Also failing to comply with them can result in a £1000 fine and 3 points and I think you will find that they can cross anyone they want as long as they are on duty.

Comment

i love the bloke near me. hes a lolly pop man outside a primary school. when kids need to pass, he stands up, pushes the traffic light button, sits down and gets back to his paper. iv nearly crashed twice with laughter

Comment

did u know that the black stripe in the middle of the lollypop is there so that they can write ur reg number in it if u do something they dont like

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                            Must be a training issue with the ones your talkin about.............our lollipop men and women are the salt of the earth and do a good job of trying to make the kids safe at the local primary........but as usual they get paid shitpence for what is quite a tough job.....................you have to have a bit of bottle to step out in front of traffic cos theres feckers out there that wont stop for uniformed bobbies never mind lollipops.............not to mention the drivers who dont stop cos their not paying attention and havent seen you.
                            imho you should be ready for them steppin out cos you should know whats coming as you approach the school and give them a bit of leeway cos they are usually older men or women with slower reactions
                            if i wasn't ready for them stepping out on me i would have hit him , but it wasn't at a school it was about half a mile away from one i had already passed, but why step out at all there is absolutely no rush to get kids to school just wait, imo its a power trip thing they can tell you to stop so they will rather than being patient. i have absolutely no problem stopping for lollipop people but have some common sense when stopping traffic!

Comment

Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
                              if i wasn't ready for them stepping out on me i would have hit him , but it wasn't at a school it was about half a mile away from one i had already passed, but why step out at all there is absolutely no rush to get kids to school just wait, imo its a power trip thing they can tell you to stop so they will rather than being patient. i have absolutely no problem stopping for lollipop people but have some common sense when stopping traffic!
                              Sorry if I upset you pal,I wasnt having a personal go at you just pointing out they are generally very good and concientious...............and 100% right that you were ready for him, thats as it should be, forward observations/expect the unexpected and all that but like i said at the start of my post there is obviously a training need in that particular lollipop person
                              Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                              Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                              loved and lost, gave and took
                              Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X