This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Big Brake and Coilover options for the Corsa

There isn't a massive choice out there for these items on the Corsa (or Astra for that matter). XYZ already have kits for the Astra but have just released Corsa fitments!!!!

Coilovers

Adjustable height and Damper
    Anodised - so wont rot

When fitted recently to the Tack Mak we wound them down and couldnt turn the wheel the car went so low. There is a local guy with these on his Astra H and raves about them!

£575 Collected

£600 Delivered to England

http://www.xyz-racing.com/coilover1.php

Brakes

lots of options but you guys would most likely be looking at the 330mm kit (for 17" wheels) or 355mm (for 18" wheels)...both are 6 pot calipers!

You can choose your colour of caliper - shown on link below

These things took a whole track day in my evo and never faded (Kirky is a harsh track on brakes). A very impressive bit of kit at a fraction of the cost of others currently on the market!!

355mm 6 pots - £1050 delivered to England!

http://www.xyz-racing.com/brakekit4.php

Andy

funny you should post this! im currently having a conversation with xyz over email weather they do corsa brakes, you jus answered it for me

Comment

They do matey and its just being released.

Another order going in on Monday - delays on stuff coming from japan due to weather at the moment. Its a bugger but should be back to normal this week lol

Comment

how good are these brakes andy for the astra,do you no mate and if so how much and what about repalcement discs and pads are these expensive

Comment

Pads that are supplied are dusty but work surprisingly well! they are capable of taking track abuse in a ~400bhp evo if that helps any mate?

On the site it tells you what pads fit. I cant remember exactly which ones but there are quite a few - i seen DS2500's and that was good enough for me lol Replacement discs are £400 (need to check if thats disc or full rotor assembly...can check this on Monday)

As for performing on an Astra - I dunno mate but they are bigger than the like of AP's and Alcons that are currently offered so should stop it fairly well lol As with most things Vauxhall, it takes a while but once one person takes the plunge more people will go for them.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_gdon View Post
            Pads that are supplied are dusty but work surprisingly well! they are capable of taking track abuse in a ~400bhp evo if that helps any mate?

On the site it tells you what pads fit. I cant remember exactly which ones but there are quite a few - i seen DS2500's and that was good enough for me lol Replacement discs are £400 (need to check if thats disc or full rotor assembly...can check this on Monday)

As for performing on an Astra - I dunno mate but they are bigger than the like of AP's and Alcons that are currently offered so should stop it fairly well lol As with most things Vauxhall, it takes a while but once one person takes the plunge more people will go for them.
            ill take the plunge if there cheap enough

Comment

at £1050 delivered for 6pot 355mm x 32mm brake kit Its a cheap way to stop lol Kit includes pads and braided lines...but i assume the AP's etc do as well

Comment

i may be interested in the brakes andy! you know anyone that has these fitted and is there options for the finish?

sigpic

Comment

might be up for these, do they do any bigger disk sizes for the Astra?
                  Last edited by Rob1981; 11 October 2009, 06:33 AM.
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

is somebody on here running those Coilovers ? any idea if they are good ? as i dont know a lot about this manufacturer...
                    MB E63s AMG
                    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                      might be up for these, do they do any bigger disk sizes for the Astra?
                      they do 330mm min wheels size 17inch, 355mm min 18inch and 380mm min 19inch

Comment

XYZ products are being tested/abused on the Track Mak and they have stood up to the abuse thus far (Stroker'd, gt35...500+bhp car here)!!!

I never had coilovers on the corsa but i have experienced the XYZ and Tein Super Streets on an Evo - the XYZ's are every bit as good, so at a fraction of the price, they are a bargain.

You can get right up to 400mm kits but tbh the 355mm is more than manly enough to stop most road going cars. As I said before the 355mm kit are on over 10, 400+bhp Evo's over here and none have failed.

Would love to see a set on an Astra or Corsa

Also do harnesses.

Comment

i ve looked at these a few times and they look good Andy , do you know what piston size they use as the caliper looks to be designed for a 4 pot but they have managed to squeeze 6 pistons in ( smaller pistons ) so just wondering on piston size as that will determin pressure area that is transmited to the pad ( amount of pistons doesn t always mean better braking ) i ve tried the tarox 10 pots on a R32 and they where **** compared with the alcon 4 pots as all the pistons are smaller and tend to run through the middle of the pad .

Great price for what you get though
                          Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

I'll probably have these when funds allow

Comment

anyone know how much the 380mm set would be all in for the Astra
                              VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                              http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Working...
                              X