X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying A Corsa Vxr Advice Please

Hey, im currently thinking about buying a corsa vxr

just wanted a bit of advice really,

right when it comes to the options at vx, whats worth having?

leather pack *
    sight and light pack
    climate control*
    18's
    adaptive forward lighting (halogen) can you not get xenons?
    tinted windows*
    parking sensors
    mett/pearl paint*
    cdc40
    cd60
    mobile phone system

* what im gonna have because i want a black vxr, i want the tints, and cc always comes in handy.

but whats worth the extra dough?

and what can i squeeze out of the main dealer?

any common problems within the corsa?

also modifying under waranty any suggestions or places to go?

any help much aprecciated
    Many Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by -Jim-; 11 October 2009, 01:17 PM.

I would say if you want to get any extras i would purchase the 18 inch wheels but also it is the price of tyres when you have to replace them. As far as the leather pack is concernd i wouldnt bother as the recaro seats standard are half leather and more then comfortable, they hold you in place very well while cornering tight. Tinted windows would be nice but i think you could get it cheaper if you go else where other than the dealership as they will probs charge you about £180 - £200 when you can get if for bout £140 else where.
    The 3 PLaces i have read to go to tune under is Regal autosport, Courtneys or Thorney motorsport who are warranted under Vauxhall.
    As far as the problems with the Corsa VXR ui havent had none of yet with mine apart from squeeky brakes but thats nothing, Ther is a few threads on people Blowing theyre 4th Piston weather or not this is due to heavy tuning which is causing the rods to bend under to much pressure i dont know but thats something im sure someone else on her can answer for you.
    The number 1 thing to cause problems with the VXR is Dump Valves im sure that there is people on here whos had them fitted with no problems but there is more threads with problems with them than the worth of it as ive spoken to reag, Courtney and they said they do do them but the turbo doesnt need it so why purchase somthing that could mess your car up and put your engine into limp mode and also loose boost pressure on upon changing gear.
    overall I i would go an purchase one i test drove a number of cars before hand and i preferd the corsa by far it is uter bonkers for a 1.6 Turbo. Mine is miles quicker than my mates new Peugeot 207 2.0 THP Turbo and sticks to my mates civic type r like **** on a blanket and thats stock. If you remap it, remus Exhaust, Dbilas Cold air intake i would say your looking at a good 55 - 60 bhp increase.
    Hope this helps Enjoy your Corsa.
    lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis-vxr View Post
      I would say if you want to get any extras i would purchase the 18 inch wheels but also it is the price of tyres when you have to replace them. As far as the leather pack is concernd i wouldnt bother as the recaro seats standard are half leather and more then comfortable, they hold you in place very well while cornering tight. Tinted windows would be nice but i think you could get it cheaper if you go else where other than the dealership as they will probs charge you about £180 - £200 when you can get if for bout £140 else where.
      The 3 PLaces i have read to go to tune under is Regal autosport, Courtneys or Thorney motorsport who are warranted under Vauxhall.
      As far as the problems with the Corsa VXR ui havent had none of yet with mine apart from squeeky brakes but thats nothing, Ther is a few threads on people Blowing theyre 4th Piston weather or not this is due to heavy tuning which is causing the rods to bend under to much pressure i dont know but thats something im sure someone else on her can answer for you.
      The number 1 thing to cause problems with the VXR is Dump Valves im sure that there is people on here whos had them fitted with no problems but there is more threads with problems with them than the worth of it as ive spoken to reag, Courtney and they said they do do them but the turbo doesnt need it so why purchase somthing that could mess your car up and put your engine into limp mode and also loose boost pressure on upon changing gear.
      overall I i would go an purchase one i test drove a number of cars before hand and i preferd the corsa by far it is uter bonkers for a 1.6 Turbo. Mine is miles quicker than my mates new Peugeot 207 2.0 THP Turbo and sticks to my mates civic type r like **** on a blanket and thats stock. If you remap it, remus Exhaust, Dbilas Cold air intake i would say your looking at a good 55 - 60 bhp increase.
      lewis
      Just to correct you the 1/2 leather are not 1/2 leather - if you check the brochure it has some other name for it - this is only the case on the Corsa from the previous thread on here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=corsa+leather

Astra

Comment

lewis

i have a dbilas flowmaster on my 1.8 sri that iv got atm, and will be taking it off, would i be able to use this on the vxr?

yeh im not fussed about chav valves, a nice burbly zaust will do me.

what would u say for best tuning would be with warrenty in mind, courtenay regal or thorneys, only really for stage 1 first. would this make 200bhp then?

my dad works for vauxhall and has done for the past 21years,

so i have got a current on the road price of 14,932, before any option and also a 10% off any optional extra, which is handy.

is this good or are they holding back some of there genirosity? (dont no if thats how u spell it)

Comment

Got a deal with a dealer in Yorkshire for 14100k new, expect a wait from the factory tho, my deal was last week and will be delivered end of November

18 inch wheels deffo, car I test drove had them and seemed decent ride, however that was smooth roads roundharrogate, where I live the roads are afr worse so 50/50 if I am getting them, making mind up at moment but they do look a lot better then the 17s

Tire cost look at http://www.tyrexpress.com/index.aspx for comparative prices, most here seem to get the Falkens for the 18s dont know what most go for the 17s, prices seem to be about 119 for the 18s and around 60/80 for the 17s

Leather I wouldnt bother with, I saw a 2 year old car with leather interior, it doesnt wear well at all, suspect the leather used isnt good qality compared to other car makers

Bluetooth - I was going for this as you get the screen and controls work from steering wheel but its fairly expensive for bluetooth and you are tied to certain makes and models of phone then, after market Parrot kits work well and with nearly everything, I will be moving my current Parrot kit from my car to the Corsa when it turns up

Hope that helps and good luck with the haggling

Comment

Personally I would only go for the 18's and AFL.. Sight and Light pack is okay and only cheap so if you wanted a few more gadgets thats good too.

The full leather looks horrible in no time and doesn't wear very well. Climate control is rubbish and most people who have it have found that the heater unit keeps packing up and takes ages to get the parts from vauxhall. Bluetooth (Mobile phone system) is okay as long as you dont have an Iphone as its a nightmare trying to get it to connect properly. Plus standard sat-nav is useless!
            Last edited by Lawro; 11 October 2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Not strictly true mate...

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                Not strictly true mate...
                Correct no tuner is warrantied under Vauxhall - all the tuners will have their own warranty over and above the VX warranty

Astra

Comment

I'd take out the Vauxhall Assist if buyiing from new

Comment

so more haggling is required.

and yes ive been told to expect it week 48 end of november, hopefully before the 26th as got a trip up manchester and my 1.8 corsa c is returning about 20mpg around town (cowboy remap basically i have learnt my lesson that cheap remaps arent good remaps)

if i didnt go for the climate control, i wouldnt get air con would i?
                    so the cdc 40 with 6disc changer would be the better option than the sat nav option?

thanks for all the help so far u seem a good bunch

Comment

vauxhall assist wat does this entail? bit like RAC?

Comment

Air con is standard mate so climate control is just like a digital version of the same thing. Yea the cd40 is a better option mate as it's a bigger screen uptop too

Comment

nice one cdc40 ftw then, with a few more options crossed off its starting to look cheaper already

Comment

Originally posted by -Jim- View Post
                            nice one cdc40 ftw then, with a few more options crossed off its starting to look cheaper already
                            Defo go for the AFL though mate! It's an awsome bit of kit and look much better than the standard headlights

Comment

Originally posted by -Jim- View Post
                              vauxhall assist wat does this entail? bit like RAC?
                              Yep they use the AA for the breakdown also get a hire car for 3 days, if a long way from home then covers overnight in a hotel also covers most parts on the MOT.

Had to use it this year, found it very useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X