This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost gauge fitted

hiya, just thought would share tonights efforts. bought this gauge from halfords for £35 including all fitting things and a pod. i wired it into the light control switch so was actually pretty easy once i figured out how to do it lol. for anyone trying this the ignition live is the purple and white wire! comment and questions welcome!

i still need to tidy the wires up a bit but got dark so will do it in tomorrow

nice 1 mate looks good

Comment

looking nice mate
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

looks smart!
        My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/pic...pictureid=3651

Comment

as you said mate, tidy the wires!

looks good!

Comment

Looks sweet mate! Btw does anyone know if and how boost gauges affect your warrenty?
              sigpic

Comment

interested in fitting one of these. anyone know somewhere near derby i can get one fitted? also, as for the warranty, vauxhall told me today that if something goes wrong with the car that has been caused by the gauge it will not be covered, unless it is a vauxhall fitted part. im not sure if vauxhall do a boost gauge. anyone know?
                looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by hazy View Post
                  interested in fitting one of these. anyone know somewhere near derby i can get one fitted? also, as for the warranty, vauxhall told me today that if something goes wrong with the car that has been caused by the gauge it will not be covered, unless it is a vauxhall fitted part. im not sure if vauxhall do a boost gauge. anyone know?
                  looks good though.
                  mate its really not that hard to do yourself, worth it if you can be bothered.. as for warrenty i really dont see how a boost gauge can mess anything up???

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
                    Looks sweet mate! Btw does anyone know if and how boost gauges affect your warrenty?
                    I am also interested to know how it will effect the warranty of the car...

Comment

What did you use to get yours to stay there?

I have one with a solid plastic base, and I can't get mine to stick anywhere around that area!
                      sigpic
                      Mike Hughes

Comment

Looks good.Ive recently bought one of those gauges and was wondering if you could put some pictures up of how you wired it up to the lights etc?one of how you wired it up in the engine bay would be so helpful as well.

Comment

Basically my local dealer said warrenty only voids the part you change an anything that it is linked to! By that I mean say if your turbo went then could vaux just blame the boost gauge as u altered a pipe etc?

I asked them about If I changed the hoses for aftermarket ones, they said that If your engine went wrong then they could Blame it on the hoses etc but it all depends who looks at your car! Not a straight forward answer! Lol so I didn't bother!
                          sigpic

Comment

ive just added how i wired mine up in th how to section. and my gauge came with some 3M sticky pads... they seem to be holding it well fr now but only time will tell!

Comment

Working...
                            X