X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston 4 melted.....joys

Hi everyone, been a while since i have been on here,
    well the fun of owning a corsa vxr is really wearing off now, since i owed this car (feb 09) i have had problems with ecu, and AMM, excessive fuel usage, cracked wing mirrors,dented by halestones and now drove to work today slower than normal didnt boot it and get to work with a horrible vibration through steering wheel and seat. No lights on, thought well i changed the plugs 1000miles ago ill check them, all ok check compression whilst i was there 200psi on 1,2,3 cylinder 4 was 100psi typical i thought got a borescope and looked down the plug hole only to find inlet side of piston melted and slightly melted on the exhaust side. got a bit warm, joke is this car is completely standard, granted when i bought it it was mapped by previous owner. How many people have suffered engines ? mines only done 27k miles

all my love Paul

Thats bad news..

What have your dealership said , i believe regal are doing a good deal to help members who have this issue , all is not lost.
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

what reg is your car mate. sounds very similar to my old one. problem after problem that was my reason for getting rid and going to the astra. couldnt trust it to get me to work.

Comment

3 engines mate piston no4! going for upgraded ones on the 19th recommended to all if you intend keeping the vehicle.

Comment

yeah mate i think regal are offering uprated pistons, rings etc fitted for £600 with oil change and some other stuff could be a solution.

what do you mean by 3 engines more than that have broken.

Comment

sorry to heard that mate which fuel are you running ?
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
              3 engines mate piston no4! going for upgraded ones on the 19th recommended to all if you intend keeping the vehicle.
              Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
              yeah mate i think regal are offering uprated pistons, rings etc fitted for £600 with oil change and some other stuff could be a solution.

what do you mean by 3 engines more than that have broken.
              He means that he has had 3 engines mate
              Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Marc- will be going to whitmores in sevenoaks (they know me already lol)
                thats all my diagnosis not theres will be transported from my work tomoro

Rob - ends with jjv dont wish to disclose it all, (sorry)

Steve - thats rubbish, i know that corsas are only the little brother to the astra but the quality of them is terrible i cant say i have any concerns other than they just use cheap chocolate parts and chocolate pistons.
                How long do they keep the car for?, its a major inconvience though

I just really know they will try and get out of it in anyway they can to try make me pay for it and ill not be to impressed if it goes down that route

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                  sorry to heard that mate which fuel are you running ?
                  running v-power (98oct), but i was using normal shell fuels until 4 tanks ago, thought i would give it a go. expensive mistake maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    He means that he has had 3 engines mate
                    oh surely you cant be that unlucky what are you doing to the car?

Comment

Originally posted by PCVXR View Post
                      Marc- will be going to whitmores in sevenoaks (they know me already lol)
                      thats all my diagnosis not theres will be transported from my work tomoro

Rob - ends with jjv dont wish to disclose it all, (sorry)

Steve - thats rubbish, i know that corsas are only the little brother to the astra but the quality of them is terrible i cant say i have any concerns other than they just use cheap chocolate parts and chocolate pistons.
                      How long do they keep the car for?, its a major inconvience though

I just really know they will try and get out of it in anyway they can to try make me pay for it and ill not be to impressed if it goes down that route

Paul
                      Dont worry mate if it was remaped then put to standard before the original owner traded it in they carnt prove you modified so they sold you a car with full warrenty all you got to do is show proof of purchase date and they will se you wouldnt of maped it as the ECU logs EVERYTHING. That would be my fight against them if they said i had to pay due to the ECU being remaped!
                      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

oh god Paul sorry i didnt realise it was you... just received pm.
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by PCVXR View Post
                          running v-power (98oct), but i was using normal shell fuels until 4 tanks ago, thought i would give it a go. expensive mistake maybe ?
                          dont know exactly, as in some threads about 4th piston fail this was argue also
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

nath - unfortunatley it was traded to vauxhall mapped then i bought it but thats all in the past i havent done anything to it since getting it back , just the melted-ness now

Marc - you remember me now pm sent

Comment

So are any of u guys saying that using normal unleaded makes 4th piston go? If so this must be bonkers!

Comment

Working...
                              X