This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Owners

have any other arctic owners not had the pre cat removed when they bought there cars? had mine on the ramps today and its still got its pre cat... but has the remus....

any ideas where to get the remus down pipe from?
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

is there any way of knowing without taking it on a ramp? or without attempting to get under the car! lol
    sigpic

Comment

Someone beat me to it^^i bought mine second hand so as above how would i know its got a Remus pre cat?

Comment

Comment

huh

Comment

im confused speak more english. how do you know that the precat isnt a remus one or not

Comment

if you bought the Arctic from Vauxhall and they sold it to you without the Remus downpipe, i would go speak to them as the Arctic should come with the Remus downpipe and backbox as standard.

Comment

its not a full through system supplied as standard anyway as far as i know? and i dont think that they have designed the full through system

Maybe worth trying to find confirmation from Dougie, or hopefully he will look at this thread
                Last edited by benji1205; 14 October 2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

You can tell easily.

If you look down into the engine bay. Coming off the bottom of the turbo there should be a pipe with the lamda sensor plugged into it.

If its still got the pre cat fitted you will see a large cylinder unit with the lamda sensor plugged into it.

This thread should help:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46913

Comment

Originally posted by benji1205 View Post
                    its not a full through system supplied as standard anyway as far as i know? and i dont think that they have designed the full through system

Maybe worth trying to find confirmation from Dougie, or hopefully he will look at this thread
                    that wasn't the question.

like Loz says you can easily tell the difference between the original precat and the Remus downpipe, especially in that link 12th pic down i think.

Comment

This ain't no help but just had a nose at mine and it's the Remus one! You can actually tell quite easy looking from the top the engine bay! Cheers loza for the post of of jays thread!

As for ghost if you bought it from vauxhall then take it back and show them! If you bought it second then the other owner must have removed it!
                      Last edited by kevans; 14 October 2009, 01:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
                        This ain't no help but just had a noise at mine and it's the Remus one! You can actually tell quite easy looking from the top the engine bay! Cheers loza for the post of of jays thread!

As for ghost if you bought it from vauxhall then take it back and show them! If you bought it second then the other owner must have removed it!

No worries.

The pre-cat must be fitted as standard for it to pass the VOSA test to get registered. After its been registered the main dealer should then have fitted the Remus pre-cat pipe and rear box. If they didn't I would go back and ask them whats going on!

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                          No worries.

The pre-cat must be fitted as standard for it to pass the VOSA test to get registered. After its been registered the main dealer should then have fitted the Remus pre-cat pipe and rear box. If they didn't I would go back and ask them whats going on!
                          didnt the arctics get sent somewhere like triple 8 or something to have it done! maybe they just forgot the other guys one!
                          sigpic

Comment

i wont be going back to the dealer anytime soon... as i bent him over badly enough!! i'll just head to thorney n get a full exhaust system and let them fit it, keep within some kind of warranty then
                            Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              i wont be going back to the dealer anytime soon... as i bent him over badly enough!! i'll just head to thorney n get a full exhaust system and let them fit it, keep within some kind of warranty then
                              I would bend them over a little bit more if I didn't get something I paid for!

Comment

Working...
                              X