X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Windscreen

Hi guys,

Was driving home tonight normally and cudnt help but notice a random crack that had appeared in the centre of my windscreen. I got out and had a look and there is no impact marks whatsoever and the crack is all the way from the bottom and looks like its from under the seal too. I domt know if this is a common problem? Im thinking of taking it to my local dealers (Evans Halshaw) and claim warrenty job or get it done through insurance. What yoy guys think?

This is actualy a common problem, i met a bloke at my local vauxhall checking my car over, got chatting says his is in for windscreen, cracked top to bottom all the way across. Got it sorted under warrenty.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

common problem mate, shut by sorted under warranty,,,
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I had this after I had some warrenty work done at vauxhall. The mechanic was showing me what they changed then slammed the bonnet and the windscreen cracked.. Quite funny but was a pain in the *** trying to get them to change it. But they did

Comment

mine did the same thought it was my doing somehow and paid for it myself silly me!

Comment

yes take it in my was done under warrenty aswell

Comment

Well, an update on this...

Took it to evans halshaw, they hummed and harred over it saying the wouldnt be able to do it under warranty, then they would etc etc. They said they would need to do a '10min inspection' on it to see if there was any stone chips. I took it in the next day early morning, to which when i took it in the warranty bloke wasnt in (he said he would be), so i had to wait a further 1 hour in the dealership for him to arrive (not very practical as i was at a funeral that morning). Finally he arrived, so he done an inspection saying it definatly wasnt a stone chip (well yes!), and they would give me a phone call back in the afternoon as it had nothing to do with them it was vauxhall themselves decision to fix it. So i got a phone call back in the afternoon saying they would not fix it under warrenty as the car is over a year old and is classed 'wear and tear', to which i explained it was a common fault again and it shouldnt of happened.
              So as vauxhall wouldnt replace the windscreen under warrenty, i had to get autoglass repair to fix it with a 50 quid excess to pay. Im a lot happier now it is done but really annoyed at vauxhall!

Another example of great customer service from them! Barstewards

Comment

maybe other plpl, with this windscreen cracked, can post their names, so you can show them, this is really common on corsa, how you can wear and tear windscren ? you can pads, bulds, tires etc.... but windscreen ?????
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                  maybe other plpl, with this windscreen cracked, can post their names, so you can show them, this is really common on corsa, how you can wear and tear windscren ? you can pads, bulds, tires etc.... but windscreen ?????
                  lol my thoughts exactly !!!

Perhaps he looked through it too much lmao
                  2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                  2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                  Originally posted by Flinty
                  as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Mine cracked yesterday but i heard the stone hit it so think i will be £70 pounds lighter soon
                    Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

if it has had the abs recall done its possible the tech could of damaged it removing the wiper trims

Comment

Honestly nobody has had that kind of problem here in Greece..!!Doesn't your car insurance replace it for free?It looks odd to me(for thats how it works here with windshield cracks).

Comment

Mine cracked exactly the same I paid for it £70 x cess no chips or damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hastie View Post
                            Well, an update on this...

Took it to evans halshaw, they hummed and harred over it saying the wouldnt be able to do it under warranty, then they would etc etc. They said they would need to do a '10min inspection' on it to see if there was any stone chips. I took it in the next day early morning, to which when i took it in the warranty bloke wasnt in (he said he would be), so i had to wait a further 1 hour in the dealership for him to arrive (not very practical as i was at a funeral that morning). Finally he arrived, so he done an inspection saying it definatly wasnt a stone chip (well yes!), and they would give me a phone call back in the afternoon as it had nothing to do with them it was vauxhall themselves decision to fix it. So i got a phone call back in the afternoon saying they would not fix it under warrenty as the car is over a year old and is classed 'wear and tear', to which i explained it was a common fault again and it shouldnt of happened.
                            So as vauxhall wouldnt replace the windscreen under warrenty, i had to get autoglass repair to fix it with a 50 quid excess to pay. Im a lot happier now it is done but really annoyed at vauxhall!

Another example of great customer service from them! Barstewards
                            He's talking rubbish Ihad mine replaced under warrenty back in January this year, and my car was more than a year old

Comment

im on screen number two, thrid one is being installed on friday, first one cracked from the top, vauxhall changed it (greens of rainham, no longer) and screen two cracked from the bottom, my car is june 2007, so its an early one. will see how long the new one will last!!

Comment

Working...
                              X