Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major dump valve issues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major dump valve issues!

    Hi all,

    Just fitted a bailey dv (correct twin piston one) and I've only driven the car three times since and I've got the engine management light on (the Amber car with the spanner)! Also it seems to be "leaking" boost pressure when cruising at 70/80.

    Can anyone shead some light on this and if not has anyone got a spare STD pipe that the courtney sport one replaces as it tore when removing it.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Henry

  • #2
    the spanner light can be reset by discontecting the negative from battery for 10 mins, this should also fix limp mode if u have it. as for the bosst leak, you will need a stiffer spring in the DV. and you can buy a blanking plug to replace the dump valve which means you wont have to source a new hose

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the same dump valve and had no problem at all.... i did change the DV to the collins but as soon as i did that i got limp mode aswell. I changed it back to the baileys and its been fine and i've now done 3000 miles with no problems.....

      When it 'Dumps' is it short & snappy ? or long & weak ?.... Because mine is really short & snappy but the collins was long & weak (like it was dumping to much )

      If you got it from courtney give them a ring and i'm know they will look at replace the faulty DV

      Comment


      • #4
        you need to make sure you get the DV26D like the one in my sig, it has the stiffer spring already fitted and the DV26 doesn't.

        as Andy said, you can buy a bung to block the dumpvalve take off if you need to.
        Last edited by matty_vxr; 15 October 2009, 09:17 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello mate if your after a bung i got 1 from ebay 380161334044 (list no)
          fits really well and had no probs, just use the metal screw clip that came with your dv to secure the bung
          hth

          Comment


          • #6
            took my off today running stage 3 and the cars much faster bugger the dumpvalve!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
              took my off today running stage 3 and the cars much faster bugger the dumpvalve!
              didn't you just post in another thread saying it made your car faster?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mabnkat View Post
                I have the same dump valve and had no problem at all.... i did change the DV to the collins but as soon as i did that i got limp mode aswell. I changed it back to the baileys and its been fine and i've now done 3000 miles with no problems.....

                When it 'Dumps' is it short & snappy ? or long & weak ?.... Because mine is really short & snappy but the collins was long & weak (like it was dumping to much )

                If you got it from courtney give them a ring and i'm know they will look at replace the faulty DV
                I got it from a performance show down here, not courtney direct. It's fairly short but I do think the stiffer spring is a gd idea though. Easy to change the springs?

                Cheers for the advice

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
                  the spanner light can be reset by discontecting the negative from battery for 10 mins, this should also fix limp mode if u have it. as for the bosst leak, you will need a stiffer spring in the DV. and you can buy a blanking plug to replace the dump valve which means you wont have to source a new hose
                  Going to try that batt disconnect tonight chap. Not that I don't believe you but is it all ok when u disconnect the battery? No immobiliser problems or anything silly like that?

                  Cheers

                  Henry

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To all on this thread.

                    Thank you all for your help, really thought I had buggered up a perfectly good car a was starting to c""p myself about it!

                    Just been on the phone to Regal Motorsport in Southampton and they do a stage one remap which gives no power increase but allows dv's and other after market products to work fine with no stupid warning lights! think it's around £250? Not too steep I think?

                    What do u all reckon?

                    Henry (Smithster)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you gonna pay £250 just to be able to put a dump valve on then you wasting your money IMO.... you will still void your warranty too as it is remapped.... if you wanna map it then go for the full map with EDS then you can change the maps to suit further mods or different driving requirement/conditions.
                      But if you just want a dv and no power increase then save your money.... i fitted a dv, had it on for 30 mins and took it off... makes hardly any difference to the sound and no difference to performance (not in a good way anyway)... could hardly hear the dv working most of the time so waste of money.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by K70VXR View Post
                        If you gonna pay £250 just to be able to put a dump valve on then you wasting your money IMO.... you will still void your warranty too as it is remapped.... if you wanna map it then go for the full map with EDS then you can change the maps to suit further mods or different driving requirement/conditions.
                        But if you just want a dv and no power increase then save your money.... i fitted a dv, had it on for 30 mins and took it off... makes hardly any difference to the sound and no difference to performance (not in a good way anyway)... could hardly hear the dv working most of the time so waste of money.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Fair Point, luckily I havent bought it and then posted hey?

                          Ive managed to get rid of that stupid engine management light now (disconnecting the batt) but it seems to have buggered up the windows. You have to hold the button the whole time, cant just press for a second and they do it on there own.

                          Any ideas?

                          Henry (Smithster)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by smithster View Post
                            Fair Point, luckily I havent bought it and then posted hey?

                            Ive managed to get rid of that stupid engine management light now (disconnecting the batt) but it seems to have buggered up the windows. You have to hold the button the whole time, cant just press for a second and they do it on there own.

                            Any ideas?

                            Henry (Smithster)

                            dont worry it happened to mine as well when i reset the battery, give it time it will adjust back to normal
                            My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Take the DV off mate its a waste of time your better of uprating the original valve. Im surprised courtney still sell these considering he bull****s all the time. When i bought one of them it was crap and the car run crap took it of no problems and when you speak to them they will tell you outright they do sell it as a performance part. (well why sell it in your performance section????)

                              Anyway just take it off mate its not needed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X