This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify or part ex.......

I've got a 2007 Corsa VXR and the warranty expires at the end of January 2010. It's going in next weekend to have the clutch looked at and a couple of other niggles (squeeking central locking, sticky drivers side window etc etc), four new tyres needed soon plus service and MOT.

My question to you all is this: when the warranty is up I have about 5k saved up for mods but am seriously thinking about just chopping it in and using the cash to put towards a Astra Nurburgring, what would you guys do/recommend?????

I personally would chop it in and change only because if you have had it a few years and would be good to have a change

Comment

the burg will still be nearly out of warrenty i think, so would it be worth spending that extra 5k on a car that will still have very little warrenty, and then have no money for modding...?

Comment

will still have another year on the burg though? so can get anything you need done before it runs out

Comment

i will keep the Corsa one year more (roughly), and will be going to next generation of Astra VXR
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

go for a special edition astra instead, new warranty and new car

Comment

i would personally sell the Corsa and put the money towards a Burg.

Comment

Originally posted by matty_vxr View Post
                i would personally sell the Corsa and put the money towards a Burg.
                Same here
                2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                Originally posted by Flinty
                as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

yep id sell the corsa and get a burg

Comment

if you can live with a standard car the burg is better choice. the corsas a cracking car but you wont get teh 5k you spend on mods back anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
                      yep id sell the corsa and get a burg
                      me too.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Id sell the corsa cheaply to me then take out a loan and buy an rs

i wouldnt bother with the burg id wait till the next astra vxr comes out if i was to get one.
                        Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

would keep corsa....smaller more fun.... get exhaust and re-map...then feel like new car lol

Comment

id love to have both lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Al. View Post
                              if you can live with a standard car the burg is better choice. the corsas a cracking car but you wont get teh 5k you spend on mods back anyway.
                              True but burg comes with FULL remus.

So it'll only take a remap to go straight to stage 2 So burg all the way

Agree money on mods is a dead end too
                              2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                              2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                              Originally posted by Flinty
                              as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Working...
                              X