This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panel filter

which is best ( K and N Panel filter or an ITG one )

k&n owners tell you that k&n and itg tell you itg so...

... k&n is best
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Ive got a Courts one does the same as the rest
      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

cheers. think i might go k and n

Comment

itg

Comment

Originally posted by timmy09 View Post
            which is best ( K and N Panel filter or an ITG one )
            clean standard filter is best.
            If you must have a performance filter then go K&N as it will filter better (or should I say less badly) than a foam one.
            Last edited by chemist; 17 October 2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

they're all good. i just went for K&N as it's a well known brand and i've used them before.

Comment

i have had both but prefer the itg one
                sigpic
                ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Originally posted by scottg2540 View Post
                  i have had both but prefer the itg one
                  I'm the other way - have both and prefer the K&N

Astra

Comment

itg fitted piece of cake when i done mine

Comment

I bought a k&n panel today and it fitted like a glove, im not really sure about the noise but will learn to live with it.

Comment

Hiya rich can you enlighten us on the noise, ie to loud or just wrong acoustics?

Cheers

Comment

ITG mate, Not being funny but K&N arnt as good as they make out to be hence the price of their other systems.

I've had an ITG on my old car a MG ZS 180 and the ITG was the dogs dangles!! The proof was in the results when I put the car on RR and the figures ITG quoted were the results I got from the RR. You get what you pay for and BHP is worth more than gold in some cases!!

Granted its only a filter and not a system its not going to make a whole lot of difference but after seeing what a propper system dose and what ITG do I'd stick with them.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomVXR View Post
                            ITG mate, Not being funny but K&N arnt as good as they make out to be hence the price of their other systems.

I've had an ITG on my old car a MG ZS 180 and the ITG was the dogs dangles!! The proof was in the results when I put the car on RR and the figures ITG quoted were the results I got from the RR. You get what you pay for and BHP is worth more than gold in some cases!!

Granted its only a filter and not a system its not going to make a whole lot of difference but after seeing what a propper system dose and what ITG do I'd stick with them.
                            Not sure where you are getting your "K&N" aren't that good etc - And I doubt that your RR results are down to a filter either lol

I've had both filters in the same car - nothing noticeable, my reason for preferring the K&N boils down to the build and ease of cleaning of the filter itself

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Harrierx2 View Post
                              Hiya rich can you enlighten us on the noise, ie to loud or just wrong acoustics?

Cheers
                              Hi m8 its not loud it just doesnt sound right, its like there is a hole in the airbox and its sucking in 2 much air, i know that what there surposed to do but its just not the right noise, i wanted an induction kit but when i had one on my impreza i just wanted to kill it everywhere i went just to here it. I dont think there is any difference in panel filters personly and its your own choice in manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                              X