Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about miltek

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thinking about miltek

    hello!i'm thinkinkg to buy a full miltek system!in my car i have allready a i/c and a panel filter!should be any problem with the miltek and with out a program because im thinking to run with the oem program?
    bailely dv,pipercross cone filter,hid 6000k,tinted windows headlights,stoplights,samco blue hoses,count`s hoses,steimentz front grill Courtney sport flowmaster Forge Strut Brace forge rec valve custom made i/c & pipe work full miltek exhaust,scangaugeII,shadow pro barometer,shadow pro etg,MTech Short Shifter,powerflex engine mount,ebc red stuff,hel hoses,mtec disc's

  • #2
    If I was to get a new exhaust I would be tempted to go for the Piper 3" system mate

    Comment


    • #3
      Milltek is a cool system.

      Had mine for a while now!

      Comment


      • #4
        Love my Piper 3"
        Corsa Has Left The Building

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DAIR View Post
          Milltek is a cool system.

          Had mine for a while now!
          +1

          just when it was once cracked, made my really
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CorsaVXR_Jay View Post
            If I was to get a new exhaust I would be tempted to go for the Piper 3" system mate
            i agree i would go for piper 3" as well

            Comment


            • #7
              the Piper is a good system, but i still prefer the Milltek. i dont like the design of the Piper personally.

              Comment


              • #8
                I also have the piper 3" and love it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Piper keeps the OEM look with the wind deflector still in place
                  Corsa Has Left The Building

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    The Piper keeps the OEM look with the wind deflector still in place
                    difuser?

                    and im sure the miltek and the others have the option for the oem look?
                    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Both the exhausts mentioned are too expensive IMO.

                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA...%3D5%26ps%3D63

                      Here is and exhaust that is new to the market from a reputable supplier that costs £595 including a sport cat. This is with a lifetime warrenty. The other sellers really need to try harder. And before anyone says 'but the piper is 3"!!' - you really dont need 3" unless you are going over 250 bhp. All you will get is extra noise. Also IMO the Piper is a compromised design. On a turbo car less restriction is good - You want the exhaust to be as straight and short as possible. Sending the exhaust along the bumper and through a 180 turn then a 90 turn wont help flow and will increase system weight as a further negative.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chemist View Post
                        Both the exhausts mentioned are too expensive IMO.

                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA...%3D5%26ps%3D63

                        Here is and exhaust that is new to the market from a reputable supplier that costs £595 including a sport cat. This is with a lifetime warrenty. The other sellers really need to try harder. And before anyone says 'but the piper is 3"!!' - you really dont need 3" unless you are going over 250 bhp. All you will get is extra noise. Also IMO the Piper is a compromised design. On a turbo car less restriction is good - You want the exhaust to be as straight and short as possible. Sending the exhaust along the bumper and through a 180 turn then a 90 turn wont help flow and will increase system weight as a further negative.
                        saying this the piper has proved the most powerful system im aware of unless you can point me in the direction on a milltek before and after RR? not saying other systems are rubbish but alot of work went into the piper and the 3" is a very good system, lots more power and torque and the power doesnt drop off at high revs like smaller bore exhausts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Spot on chemist, exactly my thought mate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
                            saying this the piper has proved the most powerful system im aware of unless you can point me in the direction on a milltek before and after RR? not saying other systems are rubbish but alot of work went into the piper and the 3" is a very good system, lots more power and torque and the power doesnt drop off at high revs like smaller bore exhausts
                            I know alot has gone into most exhaust design's, you can't go wrong with a Milltek mate, try get to listen to different ones and see what takes your fancy. Theres really not all that much in it.

                            Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so so piper do a full turbo bck system then (precat/200 cel main cat/unsilenced centre/backbox) ?
                              see the only reason i fancy the milltek is cos the whole system is just that,,milltek

                              and is that right, the piper is 3 inch ? so wots the milltek ?

                              cheers all

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X