This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10k HID's

Has anybody had them fitted? Im considering them over the standard 6k....

http://www.autolights.co.uk/colourchart/

Going on the above i think its a better choice than 8k....?
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
    Has anybody had them fitted? Im considering them over the standard 6k....

http://www.autolights.co.uk/colourchart/

Going on the above i think its a better choice than 8k....?
    they will be getting on for really blue/ purple mate, you wont see as far and it will not pass an mot but if your going just for the look then go for it as an mot is 3 years away! as they are just plug and play so to speak you can easily revert back to standard if you need!
    give the guy a call, he's a top bloke, he's very helpful!
    sigpic

Comment

I'd say don't do it Tom. They are way too blue, ..the highest I'd risk going is 6000K, so's not to get you tugged over by Mr Plod. The bluer (higher up the Kelvin temperature scale) you go, the more you also lose brightness and visibility. It's illegal to show anything other than a white light to the front of your car (apart from indicators and beacons on emergency vehicles). I'd advise you to stick with your 6000K HID's, ..but then again I'm not the HID police. x
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
        they will be getting on for really blue/ purple mate, you wont see as far and it will not pass an mot but if your going just for the look then go for it as an mot is 3 years away! as they are just plug and play so to speak you can easily revert back to standard if you need!
        give the guy a call, he's a top bloke, he's very helpful!
        See that was my other question... Can the bulbs be inter-changed and how hard is it to do so?

I rang and yea, sounds like a top bloke. What with Christmas round the Corner im thinking of getting them in January, maybe 10k fitted with a pair of 6k bulbs spares..

Have you got any pics of yours both day and night?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
          I'd say don't do it Tom. They are way too blue, ..the highest I'd risk going is 6000K, so's not to get you tugged over by Mr Plod. The bluer (higher up the Kelvin temperature scale) you go, the more you also lose brightness and visibility. It's illegal to show anything other than a white light to the front of your car (apart from indicators and beacons on emergency vehicles). I'd advise you to stick with your 6000K HID's, ..but then again I'm not the HID police. x
          The gf's dad has a VW touareg and the HID's on that seem very blue/purple yet hes never had any trouble with plod nor MOT/Service... is this because they're factory fit?
          sigpic

Comment

The gf's dad has a VW touareg and the HID's on that seem very blue/purple yet hes never had any trouble with plod nor MOT/Service... is this because they're factory fit?
            Yeah Bud, ..more than likely. I've seen some Porsches and Range Rover Sports etc with 10,000K and even 12,000K as standard in their factory fitted Xenons. They look SO sweet, ..but they're not something I'd advise for fitting on our cars. Though, it's totally up to you.
            sigpic
            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
              Yeah Bud, ..more than likely. I've seen some Porsches and Range Rover Sports etc with 10,000K and even 12,000K as standard in their factory fitted Xenons. They look SO sweet, ..but they're not something I'd advise for fitting on our cars. Though, it's totally up to you.
              Nah i appreciate the advice, the reason i put it out there was that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here!

See the thing that makes me wonder is that on the guys web-site he shows works carried out that include a 10k kit in a BMW 3series amongst others.....
              sigpic

Comment

See that was my other question... Can the bulbs be inter-changed and how hard is it to do so?

I rang and yea, sounds like a top bloke. What with Christmas round the Corner im thinking of getting them in January, maybe 10k fitted with a pair of 6k bulbs spares..

Have you got any pics of yours both day and night?
                i dont know if they are just interchangeable? ask the bloke! i dont know if they will need different ballasts!

i have got some dusk pics but only with the dodgy iphone camera! mine look exactly the same as jays in his how to thread!
                sigpic

Comment

Nah i appreciate the advice, the reason i put it out there was that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here!

See the thing that makes me wonder is that on the guys web-site he shows works carried out that include a 10k kit in a BMW 3series amongst others.....
                  yea its up to you what you get! whatever you ask for he will fit but it depends what you want them to look like! white, white with a hint of blue or blue!

like paulie said if you went for the 6000k you will have no trouble with the old bill! ive never seen cars in the flesh with 10k so i cant say what they actually look like! you will see bmw etc factory fitted xenons that look purple and really blue at certain angle but thats because of the projecture blub and the curvature of the lens!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
                    like paulie said if you went for the 6000k you will have no trouble with the old bill! ive never seen cars in the flesh with 10k so i cant say what they actually look like! you will see bmw etc factory fitted xenons that look purple and really blue at certain angle but thats because of the projecture blub and the curvature of the lens!
                    Alright technical
                    sigpic

Comment

Alright technical
                      lol
                      sigpic