This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Running Thermostat

Does anyone have one of these in there VXR. Seeing as it costs under £30 was looking at it and wondering if anyone that has one can tell me what they think of it.

I got one my car runs about 83-85 degrees and my mates vxracing runs 93-95 so yes def helps with temp

Comment

Ive had a look at the "how to" for fitting one. Is it really easy. I ain't really that good under the bonnet so not sure if I should just get a pro to do it rather than try myself

Comment

You just have to watch the fluid loss, other than that its quite an easy mod.

Comment

well worth getting one.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

May be a very stupid question but..... What would happen if there was no stat? Wouldent it be nice and cool always?? Lew
            Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
            Future mods: springs....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
              May be a very stupid question but..... What would happen if there was no stat? Wouldent it be nice and cool always?? Lew
              yeah would reduce the coolant temp further but you might lose the use of your heater. i did this on my vx220 (which has no heater anyway) i asked this question couple of months ago nobody answered

HOLLA have u noticed a loss in coolant with this? if so i might need to keep more of an eye on it.
              Last edited by bohemoth; 22 October 2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyrix2009vxr View Post
                Ive had a look at the "how to" for fitting one. Is it really easy. I ain't really that good under the bonnet so not sure if I should just get a pro to do it rather than try myself
                Try yourself, its very easy! If in doubt get a friend to help

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                Would take forever to actually warm up to safe temp though, not to mention fuel economy will prob go out the window ...the thermostat is there to try and keep the coolant at optimum temperature

Comment

have one of these not noticed any lose of coolant but does run alot lower temp. normally around 92-95 but with cooler thermostat fitted stays around 82-85 until you get stuck in traffic it then gos as high as 102 but by that time the fan full kicked in which normally doesnt happen to around 107 iirc

Comment

Originally posted by vxrrob View Post
                    have one of these not noticed any lose of coolant but does run alot lower temp. normally around 92-95 but with cooler thermostat fitted stays around 82-85 until you get stuck in traffic it then gos as high as 102 but by that time the fan full kicked in which normally doesnt happen to around 107 iirc
                    snap!

Comment

for the sake of £30 and maybe a bit more for anti freeze theu shouldnt really be any reason not fit it. iirc its a vx part so wont invalidate warranty and gives peice of mind when stuck in traffic that it wont overheat or in case of the corsa go pop

Comment

Originally posted by rickyrix2009vxr View Post
                        Does anyone have one of these in there VXR. Seeing as it costs under £30 was looking at it and wondering if anyone that has one can tell me what they think of it.
                        i have one, its a really worth while mod imo i believe the thermo opens up 10 degrees earlier than standard ! anything to improve the life of the engine is surely good

oh and easy to fit, im no mechanic but did it 20 odd mins just take your time mate

Comment

Does anyone know what this does to the car other than drop the standard temperature? I think I remember someone saying the corsa runs hot to put it in a lower tax bracket (based on CO2 emissions) are their any other effects on the car and when mot time comes around do you have to swop it back to standard?

Comment

dont have to swap it back to standard as it will not effect the co2 emissions. the only thing that effects that will be the ecu

Comment

got one fitted in mine, made my remus pop and bang a lot more
                              My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Working...
                              X