This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost gauge

elo fitted my boost gauge in my air vent a few weeks ago, followed the instructions off here but didnt c about blocking the vent off, does it need it as the gauge is gettin hot when me heating is on
    flame red, k&n panel filter, red courteney pipes, courteney large inlet pipe kit, blizzard intercooler n hard pipes, fuel pump n regulator, hks dump valve, forge recirc valve, flyeyekit to headlights,spotlights n side repeaters, tinted number plates n sunstrip, 6k hids, vxr badge to front grill, remus pre cat n middle box n back box, lowered 40/30, ipf eds remap

iv been told its ok not to worry about the heat. if it starts to melt put ya aircon on

Comment

I'd be worried about the heat if its a mechanical boost gauge, chances are, you've plumbed it into your fuel pressure regulator, the last thing you need is a boost leak off that.
      sigpic
      Mike Hughes

Comment

ive had mine in the heater for 2yrs, think mine was the first to do so, and never had a problem

Comment

I am on my second boost gauge because of the heat, the first one stopped working after a long drive with the heating on full blast! i just stuffed some foam stuff in there that i had in the garage to stop heat/air coming throught the duct behind the gauge! lew
          Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
          Future mods: springs....

Comment

thanks 4 ur replys, ive keep turnin the heating on to me feet just 2 stop the heat now n then. i think i mite just block it off the weekend just 2 b on the safe side.
            flame red, k&n panel filter, red courteney pipes, courteney large inlet pipe kit, blizzard intercooler n hard pipes, fuel pump n regulator, hks dump valve, forge recirc valve, flyeyekit to headlights,spotlights n side repeaters, tinted number plates n sunstrip, 6k hids, vxr badge to front grill, remus pre cat n middle box n back box, lowered 40/30, ipf eds remap

Comment

Working...
            X