This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back end under hard braking

hiya, ive noticed that when you break resonably hard, especially at speed, the back end becomes unstable and twitchy if you know what i mean. just wondering if there is any solution to this? im currently running standard on the handling department so what would be worth upgrading to stop this? cheers!

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
    hiya, ive noticed that when you break resonably hard, especially at speed, the back end becomes unstable and twitchy if you know what i mean. just wondering if there is any solution to this? im currently running standard on the handling department so what would be worth upgrading to stop this? cheers!
    I had this on a recent run on my private driveway so would also be interested.......
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Don't seem to have any problems with this.. Im on Janspeeds with the forge brace.

Comment

Make sure your rear calipers have not ceased. If memory serves a few people have posted the same issue and found it to be a ceased caliper(s)

Comment

It's the weight transfere on standard springs, the car is stable but the rear feels light!

This was one thing we set out to eliminate with the janspeeds and they do the job beautifully

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
            It's the weight transfere on standard springs, the car is stable but the rear feels light!

This was one thing we set out to eliminate with the janspeeds and they do the job beautifully
            I agree, Also found that over the KW springs the Janspeeds also feel a lot more stable over the front wheels under braking. I found with the KW springs the whole car dived forward quite vigorously which has been reduced a lot by the Janspeeds.

Comment

When doing the VXR Track Days it was extremely noticable that the back end is very light.

As suggested, uprated stiffer springs will solve the weight transfer and will help keep the car level.... other option is to slow down, but that's just plain boring

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR View Post
                other option is to slow down, but that's just plain boring
                +1 If I could
                2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                Originally posted by Flinty
                as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

the rear brake issue is that it feels like the back end is going to swing round when you stamp on the brakes hard. dont worry, it wont spin, the ESP will catch it, but its not a pleasant feeling!!

as stated if it just feels light, springs make a massive difference

Comment

I was looking at getting the Eibach Pro-kit springs... What are general opinion on them?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                      I was looking at getting the Eibach Pro-kit springs... What are general opinion on them?
                      They are a good kit if your just after a small drop in height

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
                        the rear brake issue is that it feels like the back end is going to swing round when you stamp on the brakes hard. dont worry, it wont spin, the ESP will catch it, but its not a pleasant feeling!!
                        I spotted this already twice on my car, when was slowing down from speeds 120 mph + ...
                        MB E63s AMG
                        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                          I spotted this already twice on my car, when was slowing down from speeds 120 mph + ...
                          I bet you knotted your stomach!

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                            I bet you knotted your stomach!
                            nearly yes...

somebody know how to fix that ?
                            Last edited by Brano; 27 October 2009, 02:47 PM.
                            MB E63s AMG
                            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                              They are a good kit if your just after a small drop in height
                              Im not after anything radical as there are a stupid number of speed bumps around me in various sizes and costume and i dont fancy driving like a pansie... lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X