This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa Rear strut brace

I started nights this week so gave me some time to get this done!

Machined welded and painted

Fitted using existing holes and bolts. this has been mounted as close to the top of the rear sturt tops as possible for maximum ridgidity! no pics of this bit but here is some with the new plastic trims cut to house the brace!

in order to get this to fit i have removed the compressor from the back and left it out, but i still have the 'tools' that are in the car such as towing eye, screwdriver etc!

And here it is in all its glory, first impressions is, very good, loads more positive mid corner, it seems to have sharpened things up every where.

im very impressed with it

Comments and feedback welcome, rate or slate!!!

wow great work craig looks spot on, need to get you to work on ours now in blue

Comment

you beat me to it, just PM'd you to show you it!!!

I'll need some measurements then i'll get on with it, oh and a couple of pics of the mounting points!

Comment

That certainly looks very impressive! Well done you! It must be really satisfying, making something like this for your car from scratch. x
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
          you beat me to it, just PM'd you to show you it!!!

I'll need some measurements then i'll get on with it, oh and a couple of pics of the mounting points!
          haha i just got your pm

will sort it with you when we look at the brakes and tell louise to find out about the pub for steak night

Comment

except the point, i need my boot, it looks really cool and useful
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
              That certainly looks very impressive! Well done you! It must be really satisfying, making something like this for your car from scratch. x
              thank you, and i really enjoy doing stuff like this, did the mountings for my porsche brembos myself aswel!!

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
              haha i just got your pm

will sort it with you when we look at the brakes and tell louise to find out about the pub for steak night
              yeah no problem sounds like a plan!

I'll tell her tonight, or i'll have a browse on the internet while im here!

Mmmmmmm steak!

Comment

thank you, and i really enjoy doing stuff like this, did the mountings for my porsche brembos myself aswel!!

yeah no problem sounds like a plan!

I'll tell her tonight, or i'll have a browse on the internet while im here!

Mmmmmmm steak!
                i knew steak would get your full attention

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                  except the point, i need my boot, it looks really cool and useful
                  Brano, you can still keep your boot, it doesnt take up that much room, all you would need to do is make the bar 10mm shorter either end, longer bolts and leave the seat mounts where they are!

Comment

Looks really good...

As one with little knowledge, whats the idea behind it and how does it improve the car?

Further to that, could you produce them en-masse? And for how much

Cheers,
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

it reduces chassis flex and loads up the other side of the car to spread the stresses.

i could probably knock a few out but i dont know how much to sell them for.

i'll try get a good few done this next 2 week and see at the end cost and stuff!

Comment

it reduces chassis flex and loads up the other side of the car to spread the stresses.
                        So coupled with a decent set of springs (im looking to invest soon) should improve the handling no-end...?
                        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                        sigpic
                        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

definately, but you must be willing to lose your compressor from the car or store it somewhere else!!!

Comment

definately, but you must be willing to lose your compressor from the car or store it somewhere else!!!
                            looks good mate, would be interested to drive the car with one of these in to see how it performs!

a for the compressor, put it in the massive glove box - lol!

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                              looks good mate, would be interested to drive the car with one of these in to see how it performs!

a for the compressor, put it in the massive glove box - lol!

Yeah no probs, are you close-by to leeds/wakefield?

and yeah, it might just fit at a squeeze!!

Comment

Working...
                              X