Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Tyre Repair Kit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silly Tyre Repair Kit

    How useless is the tyre repair kit in the Corsa?! Had a flat tyre earlier which was caused by a screw (it was no longer there but the damage was just a single hole bang in the centre of the tyre). I would have imagined this sort of damage would be the bread and butter of the repair kit but Oh No! I could hear the air still escaping and when I did make it to Kwik Fit it had all come out and covered my arch! What rubbish.

    Then Kwik Fit didn't have the tyre in stock so my car has been left with them for the night
    Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

    Now a VW Scirocco

  • #2
    it is pretty shonky stuff, never trusted it!

    and im still to fnd a garage that will stock a 225/35 tyre!

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, forgot to ask. For those that have used this before, do you just get a new can of foam from Vauxhall? What sort of cost am I looking at? Might not even bother, may use the space more constructively to hold some digestive biscuits or something.
      Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

      Now a VW Scirocco

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
        it is pretty shonky stuff, never trusted it!

        and im still to fnd a garage that will stock a 225/35 tyre!
        Haha yer same here. The only time they did have one in stock was when they had ordered an extra 2 in for me as they knew I'd be back fairly soon. But by the time I had come back and needed 2 tyres they had sent 1 to another location!
        Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

        Now a VW Scirocco

        Comment


        • #5
          Just buy some tyre-weld.

          If the hole is in the middle of the tyre, it should be repairable (if under 6mm, which if its bigger, you can't expect the tyre repair can to plug anyway!)
          sigpic
          Mike Hughes

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikeh View Post
            Just buy some tyre-weld.

            If the hole is in the middle of the tyre, it should be repairable (if under 6mm, which if its bigger, you can't expect the tyre repair can to plug anyway!)
            The tyre actually needs replacing anyway as the tread is quite low. Plus the use of the repair kit apparently makes the tyre unrepairable.
            Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

            Now a VW Scirocco

            Comment


            • #7
              get one of these in the astra too, was useless, lighter than a spare though

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by samwell View Post
                The tyre actually needs replacing anyway as the tread is quite low. Plus the use of the repair kit apparently makes the tyre unrepairable.
                Depends if it "sets" or not, doesn't sound like yours did.
                sigpic
                Mike Hughes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                  Depends if it "sets" or not, doesn't sound like yours did.
                  Ah I see, no it was a nice white liquid
                  Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

                  Now a VW Scirocco

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    your supposed to put it in drive for 5mins then recheck, not sure if it would seal though as there was a hole in it. you can buy them from vx, think theyre about 25quid

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X