This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Tyre Repair Kit

How useless is the tyre repair kit in the Corsa?! Had a flat tyre earlier which was caused by a screw (it was no longer there but the damage was just a single hole bang in the centre of the tyre). I would have imagined this sort of damage would be the bread and butter of the repair kit but Oh No! I could hear the air still escaping and when I did make it to Kwik Fit it had all come out and covered my arch! What rubbish.

Then Kwik Fit didn't have the tyre in stock so my car has been left with them for the night
    Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

Now a VW Scirocco

it is pretty shonky stuff, never trusted it!

and im still to fnd a garage that will stock a 225/35 tyre!

Comment

Oh, forgot to ask. For those that have used this before, do you just get a new can of foam from Vauxhall? What sort of cost am I looking at? Might not even bother, may use the space more constructively to hold some digestive biscuits or something.

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
        it is pretty shonky stuff, never trusted it!

and im still to fnd a garage that will stock a 225/35 tyre!
        Haha yer same here. The only time they did have one in stock was when they had ordered an extra 2 in for me as they knew I'd be back fairly soon. But by the time I had come back and needed 2 tyres they had sent 1 to another location!

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Just buy some tyre-weld.

If the hole is in the middle of the tyre, it should be repairable (if under 6mm, which if its bigger, you can't expect the tyre repair can to plug anyway!)
          sigpic
          Mike Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
            Just buy some tyre-weld.

If the hole is in the middle of the tyre, it should be repairable (if under 6mm, which if its bigger, you can't expect the tyre repair can to plug anyway!)
            The tyre actually needs replacing anyway as the tread is quite low. Plus the use of the repair kit apparently makes the tyre unrepairable.

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

get one of these in the astra too, was useless, lighter than a spare though

Comment

Originally posted by samwell View Post
                The tyre actually needs replacing anyway as the tread is quite low. Plus the use of the repair kit apparently makes the tyre unrepairable.
                Depends if it "sets" or not, doesn't sound like yours did.
                sigpic
                Mike Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                  Depends if it "sets" or not, doesn't sound like yours did.
                  Ah I see, no it was a nice white liquid

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

your supposed to put it in drive for 5mins then recheck, not sure if it would seal though as there was a hole in it. you can buy them from vx, think theyre about 25quid

Comment

Working...
                    X