This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overboost?

Can anyone explain what this is. Asked a guy in Thurlow nunn today about it but he didnt know (wasnt a salesman was manager lol)

thanks

It basically activates automatically is 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear when the throttle has been held down for more than 5 seconds and increases the peak boost from about 15psi to about 17. So just gives you that extra bit of wind behind you

Comment

ah right ok. thats pretty cool. thanks mate

Comment

every so oftain mine peaks at 1.4bar (about 20psi) do you think i should go get it checked out?
        Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
        Future mods: springs....

Comment

Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
            every so oftain mine peaks at 1.4bar (about 20psi) do you think i should go get it checked out?
            Is it running standard map? Do you have a down pipe, If so you may need to adjust the actuator slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by stevevxr1 View Post
              Bang!
              FFS get a life mate, I think everyone has had enough of you!

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
                FFS get a life mate, I think everyone has had enough of you!
                agreed!!!!!!!!

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Mine peakes about at 1.2 bar .. too low?
                  sigpic

Comment

1.4bar peak isnt to bad, nothing to major. what mods do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghent View Post
                      Mine peakes about at 1.2 bar .. too low?
                      boost can never be to low aslong as you still make the power i would love to have the same power running 1.2 or even 1.0 bar!

Comment

i am totally standard. its not that oftain that i see it peak that high usually its about 1.1 to 1.2 bar. suppose it could be the weather?
                        Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!

Comment

The boost gauge fitted, should be read as indication purposes only, they are all innacurate by a far margin of error, and im not talking a few percent either

Comment

Originally posted by Harrierx2 View Post
                            The boost gauge fitted, should be read as indication purposes only, they are all innacurate by a far margin of error, and im not talking a few percent either
                            I relise that mate, but when it always shows 1.2bar then a few times is shows 1.4bar then it must be boosting more?

Comment

I believe that could be due to the software overboost.

Comment

Working...
                              X