X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension squeaks?

Has anybody got this?

My car has started to develop a squeaking sound from the rear just as i go over a speed bump. Its happening all the time now with just me in the car.

I very very very rarely have more than just me and the other half in the car, but a few months ago i had a full load on and heard the same noises then all the time as we were driving. As i never have anybody in the back i just put it down to lack of use....?

Anyways, is there much involved in sorting this? I'm due a 2nd service now soon but the car is out of warranty in Jan '10.

Its a '08 reg with around 45k KM's (about 28k miles) by the way

Hi Mate
    its not the rear suspension trust me we had the same problem and it drove us made i put a thread on here and cured it in 2 mins

spray around the door lock catch with wd40 try and get some in side aswell
    job done
    Wayne

Comment

Thanks mate!
      Is it coming from the passenger doors or the boot door???

Comment

vx say the covered my suspension with grease, they have also covered every hinge on the car in grease and the problems gone

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

i had this problem last week it went into the dealers and they said they made a moddification to the suspension( probably greased it up) but the noise has now gone!

Comment

its from the front door locks mate

Comment

Originally posted by vxrwAyne View Post
              its from the front door locks mate
              Cheers. Im just after spraying WD40 on all locks and hinges of all three doors! Will report back later if it made any difference

Comment

I had this problem with my signum..... looked undernieth and rear shock absorber was shot - changed it and it still does it so I guess tomorows task is to grease everything lol, hope it works cheers folks
                sigpic
                JOIN THE FIGHT!!!
                http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=371188528552
                DONT JUST SIT THERE AND MOAN.... JOIN THIS AND AT LEAST SHOW YOU CARE!!!!
                EVERY NAME COUNTS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comment

Door locks wd40'd on mine

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks View Post
                    Cheers. Im just after spraying WD40 on all locks and hinges of all three doors! Will report back later if it made any difference
                    Not totally gone, but has made a big difference. Cheers mate

Comment

Give them a good soaking i had the wd 40 running out the drain holes at the bottom spray them again 2mrw

Comment

Working...
                      X