This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking when pulling off.

Only really happens when going up-hill, I think I've seen someone mention clutch/flywheel before, but didn't have much luck searching.

The squeak is much like squealing brakes, but very short, perhaps 1 second or less.

The car is having a new radiator today, so the head tech said that he'd have a look at it, but I don't think he'll have time, to be honest.

My other issue is the front of my sideskirts falling off, the mechanic tried replacing them with numnberplate pads, to no avail, but claims he's not a bodyshop, so is unsure of what to do - now, are the standard pads something that be ordered in, or should Vauxhall be outsourcing the job to a local bodyshop?
    Last edited by mikeh; 2 November 2009, 10:50 AM.
    sigpic
    Mike Hughes

i think i know what you mean, mine is doing the same, just quick sqeek, on most pull off, i also want to know what this can by
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

the under piston oil coolers can squeak! i get the noise at idle from the back of the engine(towards the diff) apparently this was a common thing on older vx's and some corsa owners are getting the sound

may possibly be this

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
        i think i know what you mean, mine is doing the same, just quick sqeek, on most pull off, i also want to know what this can by
        Mine does this too.. My VX dealer thinks its something to do with the Hill Assist/Brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post
          Mine does this too.. My VX dealer thinks its something to do with the Hill Assist/Brakes.
          but mine isnt doing this just on hill, but also once i am pulling off from lights on straight road
          MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
            but mine isnt doing this just on hill, but also once i am pulling off from lights on straight road
            Mine does too mate.. I am just going on what he told me lol!

Doesn't really both me as nearly everything sqeaks and creeks in my car anyway!

Comment

I have had this for ages, I always thought it had something to do with the hill assist as it feels as though it doesn't always disengage properly and the car is pulling against it if that makes sense. Then it pulls away from the brake with this sound. I've also heard this could be to do with rear calipers seizing which I believe is very common but VX don't seem to be onto that just yet so the dealership may not think of this.
              Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by lozavxr View Post

Doesn't really both me as nearly everything sqeaks and creeks in my car anyway!
                i am same with that
                MB E63s AMG

Comment

Mine makes this same noise.
                  If this was happening on an older car, i would blame the clutch. !

Comment

on the side skirt thing, mine came from the factory like that, to solve it some body work glue, something like stickerflex will sort it, did mine and its perfect. just remember to prep the surface with an alcohol based wipe to ensure it sticks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                      Only really happens when going up-hill, I think I've seen someone mention clutch/flywheel before, but didn't have much luck searching.

The squeak is much like squealing brakes, but very short, perhaps 1 second or less.

The car is having a new radiator today, so the head tech said that he'd have a look at it, but I don't think he'll have time, to be honest.

My other issue is the front of my sideskirts falling off, the mechanic tried replacing them with numnberplate pads, to no avail, but claims he's not a bodyshop, so is unsure of what to do - now, are the standard pads something that be ordered in, or should Vauxhall be outsourcing the job to a local bodyshop?
                      Mine had the same squeak and it took me forever 2 find it but eventualy i did, there is a little clip on the gear linkage that comes off just behind the engine and box so it means jackin the car up or puttin on ramps, i put mine back on a few times but it kept cumin off so i put sum cable ties on it and since then it hasnt come off. Hope this is the squeak.

Comment

Working...
                      X