This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr cone filters

hi can anyone tell me what the best cone filter to put on my corsa vxr would be. Also would i have to have the ecu re done thanks

TBH i would not recommend any corn filter, i would go for an uograded box filter ie courtenay sport or K&N,
    sigpic

Comment

do panel filters give a good sound or are they more performance related,thanks for reply

Comment

i used to run a K&N panel filter, but after taking my dump valve off i needed some more noise, so i got a Green Cotton open cone filter from TonyJ on here... pm him mate, he's a really nice bloke and will sort you out a good price. they sound absolutely amazing, you will not be disappointed!

people will say they decrease performance slightly due to heat soak, but this is only very marginal and not noticeable at all.

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
          TBH i would not recommend any corn filter, i would go for an uograded box filter ie courtenay sport or K&N,
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
            as well, im running an itg panel now and happier with that over my old pipercross open cone, see with either u wont really get noticable performance gains, with a panel u get a bit better ''induction noise''
            and u get to hear the OE wastegate that bit more
            with an open cone ( i can only comment on the pipercross) u will get this turbine spooling up noise and massive noise from the OE wastegate (like a TSHHHH) ?? its hard to explain
            hth

Comment

Originally posted by DONYULDZ View Post
              as well, im running an itg panel now and happier with that over my old pipercross open cone, see with either u wont really get noticable performance gains, with a panel u get a bit better ''induction noise''
              and u get to hear the OE wastegate that bit more
              with an open cone ( i can only comment on the pipercross) u will get this turbine spooling up noise and massive noise from the OE wastegate (like a TSHHHH) ?? its hard to explain
              hth
              i love the sound from the open cone filter! it's mental and hard to explain i know lol! might switch back to the panel filter when the weather starts warming up again.

Comment

apparently the heat in the corsa engine bay is too high for an open filter your best going for a closed filter or a performance panel filter which most people have done.

Comment

Originally posted by matty_vxr View Post
                  i love the sound from the open cone filter! it's mental and hard to explain i know lol! might switch back to the panel filter when the weather starts warming up again.
                  yeah man might be a good idea, see when i had mine i tryed getting some cold air feed pipe from the mouth of the filter to infront of the intercooler
                  but i tell u wot the space is non exsistant to work with
                  i recon if u can be arsed to get the bumper off and pull it through properly and get it lined up straight at the front u will be laughing mate nice dense cold air all the time !

Comment

Originally posted by bohemoth View Post
                    apparently the heat in the corsa engine bay is too high for an open filter your best going for a closed filter or a performance panel filter which most people have done.
                    true as it's a small engine bay, but this would only affect the car when it's stationary, as soon as you start driving all the cold air will be passing into the engine bay.

Comment

true as it's a small engine bay, but this would only affect the car when it's stationary, as soon as you start driving all the cold air will be passing into the engine bay.
                      you are wrong mate, was reading story when colt czt owner blow off the engine with open filter, once he was traveling on higway on cruise speed, just big BANG and the engine blew out, in service they take ecu records to find the engine take hot air with temp about 200 deg C...
                      MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                        you are wrong mate, was reading story when colt czt owner blow off the engine with open filter, once he was traveling on higway on cruise speed, just big BANG and the engine blew out, in service they take ecu records to find the engine take hot air with temp about 200 deg C...
                        lol right ok mate. i doubt the problem was caused by the open cone filter, unless he was driving in a desert and wasn't cleaning his filter often enough.

the CZT engine benifits greatly from an open cone filter, think they get over 10BHP with the HKS filter. If it's increasing BHP then it's not taking in air that's too hot.

Comment

lol right ok mate. i doubt the problem was caused by the open cone filter, unless he was driving in a desert and wasn't cleaning his filter often enough.

the CZT engine benifits greatly from an open cone filter, think they get over 10BHP with the HKS filter. If it's increasing BHP then it's not taking in air that's too hot.
                          dont remember a lot about that story, just know there were also pics, taken somewhere in UK, at dark & rain I think so not really "desert driver" i think there can be just some wind blast which trow the hot air into intake i think...
                          MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                            dont remember a lot about that story, just know there were also pics, taken somewhere in UK, at dark & rain I think so not really "desert driver" i think there can be just some wind blast which trow the hot air into intake i think...
                            sorry mate, i just find that really hard to believe. i know 2 lads with CZT's and both are running the HKS filter and have been for over a year.

Comment

sorry mate, i just find that really hard to believe. i know 2 lads with CZT's and both are running the HKS filter and have been for over a year.
                              maybe he dont have sorted well the isolation around the filter, dont know exactly now, just know that something go really wrong....
                              MB E63s AMG

Comment

Working...
                              X