This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempted to go for e.d.s

After a lot of thought and a few phone calls, i'm very tempted to give midpoint garage the job to tune my corsa.
    I'm thinking of the regal front mount intercooler and hardpipe kit and e.d.s. software to suit. I already have a k+n panel filter plus the m.p.g full corsa turbo back exhaust system with sports cat.

The reason i'm leaning towards m.p.g is that they are the closest tuning company to me (around 90 minutes drive) and i'm pretty happy with what they told me if anything ever went mechanically wrong.

I was going to go the t.m.s way, but their H.Q is 5 hours away, plus there are more and more bad rep about their supposedly super duper warranty.

What do people think ? Should I do it, or just leave it as it is ?

your the only person who knows what been said on the phone mate! 90 mins is pretty close so id say if your happy then crack on!

sigpic

Comment

I would have used courtenays if they were closer. I drove to them many years ago and its a 6 hour drive for me. Shame really.

Comment

yea they are in the **** end of nowhere! but its sounds like you will be taken care of

sigpic

Comment

I'm now in a dilemma as i've been kindly informed that my local vauxhall is now an authorised T.M.S centre.

Oh well back to making more enquieries.

Comment

I have spoken to a couple people at a Dealer who are a TMS centre and the technicians say to me that the dealer has yet to ever receive any work for them.

I'm sure there are plenty of capable people at Dealerships but my personal preference would be to go with someone who deals with modifications everyday. So in your terms I'd go to MPG or would be wanting to travel to TMS HQ its self.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

you got a link to there web page?

Comment

Originally posted by CH07 ALL View Post
                you got a link to there web page?
                try google mate

http://www.midpointgarage.co.uk/home.html
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I've now contacted my local vauxhall to see what they can do. I'm just waiting for a return call from the guy who knows all about the thorney stuff to contact me.

If i'm happy with the answers, i probably will use the t.m.s software as if anything did happen to my car, I could leave it with my dealer and let them sort out between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Rob View Post
                    If i'm happy with the answers, i probably will use the t.m.s software as if anything did happen to my car, I could leave it with my dealer and let them sort out between them.
                    Two birds, one stone
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Its up to you it makes a big difference but you may encounter problems when loading it yourself. As I have but have been reassured that the problem will be solved
                      Last edited by Ryan_VXRacing; 5 November 2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_VXRacing View Post
                        Don't get the eds done it fuks the car up really bad cold starts and kills the ecu
                        What happen there mate? Never heard a bad word about eds stuff?

Comment

Don't get the eds done it fuks the car up really bad cold starts and kills the ecu
                          Nice solid argument there! Care to elaborate?

Comment

Just tried to do it myself and it failed car is now dead as a dodo ecu is blank now on its way to regal as for the cold start regal seem to think there is an air leak so soon as my car has the kiss of life by regal ill book it in and see. As for the rash comments I was just p!ssed off at the time (sorry karen)

Comment

Just tried to do it myself and it failed car is now dead as a dodo ecu is blank now on its way to regal as for the cold start regal seem to think there is an air leak so soon as my car has the kiss of life by regal ill book it in and see. As for the rash comments I was just p!ssed off at the time (sorry karen)
                              Gutted mate, hope you getting sorted soon. As for the software though, you'll love it when its back up and running

Comment

Working...
                              X