Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Pads

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Front Pads

    With ones should I get

    I have standard front brakes, coming up to my 40'000 mile service and will need new pads, but would rather fit them my self as I will be cheaper

    Do I go for standard Corsa VXR pads

    or The green stuff

    or any other suggestions,

    money is an issue so I can't change for bigger brakes

  • #2
    i can supply genuine vauxhall pads at £40 delivered if you wanted. RRP £50.71.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mattbibs View Post
      i can supply genuine vauxhall pads at £40 delivered if you wanted. RRP £50.71.
      good price.

      Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        nothing wrong with standard parts if you dont mind the squeek ( i dont)

        and 40 noops seems pretty good mate

        sigpic


        Comment


        • #5
          lot ppl are talking here that yellow staff are cool, if that help.
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

          Comment


          • #6
            sounds like a good deal i'd stick with £40 standard pads, i like them as they are and maybe they are a better compound now as mine don't squeak unless reversing

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm running redstuff pads and they are spot on imo

              Comment


              • #8
                just bought some Redstuff

                see how they perform

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                  nothing wrong with standard parts if you dont mind the squeek ( i dont)

                  and 40 noops seems pretty good mate
                  is that what the famous squeek is the pads ? so in theory if changed to
                  say ebc it should eliminate it ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    vauxhall changed my pads yesterday (under warrenty) and they are squeeking worse now then they did before they were changed. Is this normal?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by benji1205 View Post
                      vauxhall changed my pads yesterday (under warrenty) and they are squeeking worse now then they did before they were changed. Is this normal?
                      WTF surely that aint right
                      which is why im wondering if aftermarket gets rid of the problem totally

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know, perhaps they didnt put any or enough copper grease on them?

                        I have only covered 7 miles since they have swapped them, but at low, soft breaking they are squeeling like a lil piggy.


                        Quite embarrasing when im driving into work's car park

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mine were really bad when I first got the car.. Replaced the disks with some EBC grooved ones and replaced with braided lines and just got a new set of OEM pads from VX.. I just put a load of copper grease behind the pads/piston and have never had a single squeak since even in reverse

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by benji1205 View Post
                            I know, perhaps they didnt put any or enough copper grease on them?

                            I have only covered 7 miles since they have swapped them, but at low, soft breaking they are squeeling like a lil piggy.


                            Quite embarrasing when im driving into work's car park
                            Is it not just the brake "wearing in"?
                            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                            sigpic
                            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                            South East Regional Organiser

                            PSN: TomFL12

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                              Is it not just the brake "wearing in"?
                              Unfortunately not! Most if not all corsa standard brakes do it! Some worse than others! Mine only do it when reversing down a hill and I gently apply the brakes!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X