This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my poor corsa

I drove home after work last night with now problems, picked up my boyfriend then was heading down towards Aberdeen beach when the car starts pulling to the right really badly. stops the car and the drivers side front tyre is very very low ( they were only checked the weekend before) managed to get to a petrol station. tried the air machine never worked so tired the tyre kit in the car still no luck so had to phone the AA car had to be towed home! looks like there's a huge cut in the tyre. the guy thinks a pot hole has done it!

Get intouch with the local counsil and claim!

Comment

Aww Teri, ..that's no good . The roads are in such a mess up here at the best of times, ..but after all the flooding at the start of the week, they're in an even worse state than usual. Poor wickle Corsa x
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

We pay quite a bit for road tax so the least the government can do is make our roads better! Like said above I would try and claim back the cost from the government! Get some pictures of the pot hole and the depth! It may take a while but you could reclaim the cost! A mate of mine did but his woz a little worse as he was on a motorbike and hit the pot hole on a bend and ended up hitting a guard rail! Busted his leg wide open! He got 4500 grand for his bike damage and his leg damage! Lol

also this is where a spare tyre would come in handy but all the companies seem to be doing away with them! Not good!
        sigpic

Comment

I will be trying to get the money back from the council but cant seem them paying out but goingto try my hardest.

It's really annoying hate aberdeen roads there such a pain grrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
            I will be trying to get the money back from the council but cant seem them paying out but goingto try my hardest.

It's really annoying hate aberdeen roads there such a pain grrr.
            Take a picture of the pot hole!

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
              We pay quite a bit for road tax so the least the government can do is make our roads better! Like said above I would try and claim back the cost from the government! Get some pictures of the pot hole and the depth! It may take a while but you could reclaim the cost! A mate of mine did but his woz a little worse as he was on a motorbike and hit the pot hole on a bend and ended up hitting a guard rail! Busted his leg wide open! He got 4500 grand for his bike damage and his leg damage! Lol

also this is where a spare tyre would come in handy but all the companies seem to be doing away with them! Not good!
              Very true.

Road tax goes towards maintaining the roads. We (as drivers) have every right to claim!

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                Very true.

Road tax goes towards maintaining the roads. We (as drivers) have every right to claim!
                ive claimed before in an old car took 5 months to get the money
                but its better than nothing

Comment

yeah going to cry get a pic tonight but going to be hard is dark as i get that way and its a busy road too hopefully ill get the money back but cant see our coucil doing anything

Comment

yeah going to cry get a pic tonight but going to be hard is dark as i get that way and its a busy road too hopefully ill get the money back but cant see our coucil doing anything
                    All you can do is try! Hopefully you will get it back!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                      Very true.

Exactly I wouldn't mind the state some roads are in if the road tax was cheap but it ain't! Also down in hornchurch the council I'm guessing redone an entire stretch of road! Great if it actaully needed doing in the first place! That road was fine! I don't know who make the decisions to fix roads but they are crap at their job!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans1988 View Post
                        All you can do is try! Hopefully you will get it back!
                        yup fingers crossed it do

Comment

Sorry to here this Teri! Hope you get it sorted soon.. How long until the VXRacing?

Comment

thanks lozavxr. looks like very shortly boyrfriend has been on the phone to the lawyers and they say we should have the money within 2 weeks!!so fingers crossed

Comment

thanks lozavxr. looks like very shortly boyrfriend has been on the phone to the lawyers and they say we should have the money within 2 weeks!!so fingers crossed
                              Fingers crossed then

Comment

Working...
                              X