This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation inside

Hey people. Had a my VXR racing for a few weeks now. Getting alot of condensation on all inside windows in the morning and after it has been washer. Anyone else had this prob?? Also a high pitch whistling noise from heaters on full blast

Steven

i think this is normal on all cars except the whistling noise from heaters, but some ppl have problem also with that, dont know if i remember well, but it is able to sort this out also, but not sure...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I get condensation after washing at the top of the windows, in the corner where the seal is... Its a basic cold bridge problem and sries itself out.

As for condensation in the morning, is it full on running down the windscreen or just the standard morning mist-up?
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by StevoT View Post
        Hey people. Had a my VXR racing for a few weeks now. Getting alot of condensation on all inside windows in the morning and after it has been washer. Anyone else had this prob?? Also a high pitch whistling noise from heaters on full blast

Steven
        Your heaters squealing is a sign that your heater motor is on the wayout.... Mine has been replaced twice !!
        2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
        2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
        Originally posted by Flinty
        as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

the squeaking might be your fan bearings mine sqeaks on the first setting only when i speed the fan up it stops, yours seems to be the other way round though.

Comment

It isnt water running down the windscreen but I get it on all windows in the morning and especially after taking the power hose to it. I have also had two drips of water drop down on my leg so I think there is a slight leak somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
              Your heaters squealing is a sign that your heater motor is on the wayout.... Mine has been replaced twice !!
              Is it? Mine has started doing this recently but only on the 4th setting all the rest are fine.

Comment

I have found the ventilation system on the corsa to be very poor (you shouldnt need to put the aircon on to demist it, a car thats dry inside shouldnt mist up)
                Senario : Went for a drive on a dry day, parked up went shopping, came back drove away, then it started to rain ( i was dry when i got in) now the car starts to mist up inside, everything is dry inside so why does it mist up, could it be the air intake is drawing in moisture hence the misting ?
                Last edited by miniman; 5 November 2009, 09:34 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

i also have that squealing in the heaters, but only in the first position...

Corsa OPC Arden // blacked roof // gm alarm // AFL OEM // armster // all led interior // carbon fiber alike difusor & fog surroundings & badges // insignia jets // forge subframe brace // team dynamics 1.2 gloss black 18" // Nurburgring Lip // KW V2

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_OPC View Post
                    i also have that squealing in the heaters, but only in the first position...
                    Mine was only in first position also.... But then I started to have no heat come through, even on hottest setting. The fans also would only come on intermittently, finally as I was taking it into VX the fans gave up all together.

Replaced under warranty,

Then I heard the noise starting to come on the second one.... so replaced under warranty again.

Third time lucky n all that
                    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                    Originally posted by Flinty
                    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

My car is exactly the same miniman. It is dry outside yet the windows steam up. Really annoying having to sit and wait for it to demist. Time for a trip to the dealer i think.

Comment

Could be the pollen filter - I had a Astra sxi before the Golf and that used to do it until I had the pollen filter replaced

Comment

Working...
                        X